Chapter 56

Sophia's POV ~

Vinnie started running towards Gracie and he pulled her into a tight hug. He then held her at arms length. Both of them had watery eyes. Vinnie looked like he was searching for something in her eyes. Gracie just shook her head.

"Yes Vinnie i really am." Gracie said. She took the ultrasound pictures out that they gave her from the hospital and showed him. A smile finally crossed his face.

"What do we do now?" Vinnie finally asked.

"We have to tell my parents." Gracie said. "Like tomorrow."

"Okay." Vinnie said.

Gracie stayed the night at Vinnie's. Dylan and i left around midnight to go back to my place. I thought about what might happen to Gracie. Will she keep the baby? Will Vinnie leave her right before the baby is born? Or leave right after he's born? Will he stay? I was truly really worried about her. We got back to my house and changed back into our pjs.

~Next Day~

Today i had to babysit so Dylan left this morning when we woke up. Currently the kids are napping so i'm bored out of my mind. Gracie's never been.... The best with kids.... She gets a little, squeamish because she doesn't want to hurt or drop them or something like that. The kids i'm babysitting right now are an 8 month baby boy and a 2 year old boy. I had an idea so i called Gracie.

~Phone Call~

"Hey Soph what's up?" Gracie asked.

"So i'm babysitting the Reynolds kids and wanted to know if you wanted to come over and you could get some practice." I laughed.

"Both boys right?" She asked.

"Yup, 8 months and 2 years." I said.

"It would be good practice. But Vinnie and i were just about to tell my parents..." Gracie said.

"Well they should be getting up from a nap soon so get over here as soon as you can." I said.

"Okay... Bye." She said.

"Bye."

~End of phone call~

About 10 minutes after i got off the phone i heard knocking at the front door. The kids were still napping so i answered quickly so they wouldn't wake up yet. I opened the door to Gracie who was all smiles.

"How'd it go?" I asked moving over so she could come in.

"We're telling them later tonight instead." Gracie said.

"Makes sense." I laughed. "So they should be up soon. I figured since you're pregnant with a boy practicing babysitting a boy would be helpful." I smiled.

"Thanks Soph you're the best." Gracie hugged me. "I don't know what i'd do without you."

"I don't know what i'd do without you either, i'd be friendless expect for Dylan." I laughed. Just then Patrick (the 8 month old) started crying. "Ready for your first task?" I chuckled.

"Yeah." She smiled.

We went down the hall to his room. I bent over the crib and picked him up. I swayed him back and forth to relax him. I wiped his tears away and felt his diaper was full.

"Want to change a diaper?" I asked.

"With help..." Gracie said hesitantly. I laid him on the changing table and laid out all the stuff we needed.

"Okay ready?" I asked.

"No..." Gracie laughed.

"Okay so first clearly you need to get to the diaper. Little babies are always in onesies so the button snaps are typically between the legs like over the diaper," I said, Gracie nodded and i undid the snaps and pushed the onesie up. "Next clearly you pull the straps back on the diaper to open it, then take the baby wipe and clean." I said. I handed her the baby wipe and moved over.