Chapter 15

~Skipping to the next day~

Sophia's POV ~
I got home from school, dropped my backpack on my bedroom floor and flung myself onto my bed. I sighed into my pillow and then flipped over and grabbed my phone. I was on Instagram and youtube when i heard a knock on my door. I looked up and saw Tara standing in my doorway.

"Hey Tar come on in." I said and smiled. She walked in and sat on my bed across from me. "Whats up kid?" I asked.

"Nothing, just wanted to talk and see how you were." Tara said with a saddened smile.

"Umm... Im okay i guess how are you?" I asked hesitant.

"Im good." Her face lightened up a little bit.

"Im glad, anything specific you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Yeah actually there is, i need your advice." Tara said.

"Spill kid im all ears. I got all day." I smiled and slid closer to her and patted her back.

"Well theres this kid in my grade. Everyone in our grade has a crush on him, even me. He's a super nice guy and all but hes like that 'Popular' kid. And im not soo.... Like i like him but never thought i would have a chance with him. But today he asked me out. To go to the movies on Friday. Just the 2 of us." Tara said looking excited but also nervous.

"Okay so what do you need advice with?" I asked.

"Well i dont know if i should go... I told him i'd think about it because i dont know if he means it or not." Tara said.

"Look if you like him and he asked i think you should say yes. If you want i'll ask Dylan and we can go to the movies and hide in the back. That way if theres a problem we can help. How does that sound?" I said smiling.

"Thanks Soph! Your the best! I'll go call him." Tara hugged me and left.

I got on the phone and called Dylan to make sure he didnt have any plans for Friday night already.

~Phone Call~

"Hey babe." Dylan said when he picked up the phone.

"Hey, i was wondering if you had any plans already for Friday night?" I said.

"Yup i do." He said.

"Oh... Okay." I said disappointed.

"Well i could cancel my plans but i wouldnt want to." Dylan said, now i was confused and getting mad. Was he trying to make me mad?

"Umm....?" I said confused.

"See if i canceled my plans i wouldnt get to hang out with this really pretty girl." Dylan said and this pissed me off i could feel my face turning red.

"Dylan? What the hell?" I said aggravated.

"Do you want me to cancel my plans?" He said with a little laugh. I didnt find this very funny...

"Yes!" I said.

"Okay its a damn shame. So Soph... I cant hang out on Friday." Dylan said and i could practically hear him smirking.

"What?" I asked totally confused now.

"Well i was planning on hanging out with you but you asked me to cancel. Told you it would be a damn shame." Dylan said.

"DYL!! Noo!!" I whined and he laughed.

"I would love to hang out on Friday. By the way i think someones at your door." Dylan said.

"What do you mean someones at the do-" i started to say and then heard the doorbell ring. I took the phone away from my ear and ran downstairs to see who was at the door. I opened the door and Dylan was standing there with his phone to his ear.

"Told you someone was at your door." He smiled and a ran into his arms. He hung up and wrapped his arms around me.

"You had me worried you were leaving me for another girl at first O'Brien." I laughed.

"I would never Johnson." Dylan laughed too. We went inside and i talked to him about Tara an Friday night. Then Tara came downstairs and Dylan started asking her 20 questions. It was hilarious to watch.

"So whats this boys name?" Dylan asked Tara.

"Kyle."

"And hes in your grade?"

"Yup... Actually im older his birthday is after mine." She smiled.

"You really like him?" Dylan asked sincerely. It was cute how he cared and treated Tara like his own sister.

"Yeah i guess i mean Soph tells me im not old enough to "understand love"." Tara said with air quotes while looking at me and sticking her tongue out at me, I laughed.

"Well i think your old enough." Dylan smiled softly.

"Really?" Tara's face lite up.

"Yeah, ya know i mean your old enough to know if you like Kyle enough to want to go a "date" with him right?" Dylan asked.

"Well yeah." Tara said.

"So your old enough to know if you like him. If you dont feel in love with him thats fine. You are young and have a lot of time to find the person your "in love" with okay Tar?"

"Okay i understand Dyl. Thanks." She hugged him and went upstairs. I just looked at Dylan and smiled.

"What?" Dylan asked looking at me.

"Nothing." I said and kissed his cheek and went outside. I walked over to the tire swing on the tree in our backyard and put my legs through it and wrapped my arms around the rope and leaned my head against the rope too. I had my eyes closed and the slight breeze felt good on my face. I felt the swing stop moving and i opened my eyes. Dylan was standing in front of me smiling. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, i smiled back at him.

"I gotta get going, Julia wants me to help set up a surprise for my dads birthday. " Dylan said.

"Okay have fun." I smiled.

"Love you." He said.

"I love you too Dyl." I said. He kissed me and them lightly spun the swing as he turned to walk away. I giggled like a three year old. When the swing stopped spinning Dylan turned around and waved. I waved back and then place me head back against the rope.

After awhile i went inside. I started on my homework and watched some tv. I texted Gracie but Vinnie got out of the hospital today do she was helping him out. I also found out Ryan's drug tests came back positive, but thats all i heard. I dont know what exactly an how they are gonna do anything about it right now. I finished up my homework and then had to drive Tara to dance class. I decided to stay and watch for once. I used to but i hadnt in a while. I told Tara i was leaving so it was a surprise i was staying to watch. She had gotten really good since her last recital. When she finished she came out and was shocked to see me.

"You stayed the whole time?" She asked taking a sip of water.

"Yup i did! Your getting really really good by the way." I smiled.

"Thanks Soph, come on im tired and want to go to sleep." She laughed and we went home.

~Skipping to Friday Night~

Dylan and i were chilling in Tara's room helping her get ready and she was flipping out. She was running around and talking really really fast. It was hilarious how nervous she was it was cute.

"Chill Tar your fine." I said and smiled.

"Thanks... How do i look?" She asked and turned around and stopped moving for the first time in like 20minutes. I stood up and walked over to her and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"You look beautiful Tara." I said. She smiled and i could tell she relaxed a bit. Then the doorbell rang.

"Okay! Remember stay here so he doesnt see you and then think your stalking us at the movies if he sees you! Thank you guys soo much for doing this!" She hugged us and ran down the stairs saying "COMING!"

"Shes adorable ya know that." Dylan said.

"Yeah yeah i know." I smiled.

Tara and Kyle left. Kyle's mom was dropping them off at the movie theatre and bringing them home which was nice. About 15 minutes after they left we left too. We got to the movies and we saw Tara and Kyle on the snack line. We bought our tickets and got out seats. About 5 minutes after getting ours seats Tara and Kyle came in. They were sitting about 8 rows in front of us. The lights started to dim and i made myself comfortable. I laid my head on Dylan's shoulder and he put his arm around me. Our fingers interlocked and i smiled to myself. After all the trailers the movie finally started. I didnt even know what we were seeing i just got tickets for the movie Tara told me they were seeing. I guess Dylan could tell i was starting to fall asleep because i felt him untangle his hand from mine and run it down my cheek and kissed my forehead.

"Wake up sleepy head." He whispered softly in my ear. Not going to lie it turned me on when he did that. I lightly giggled and rearranged myself.

About halfway through the movie i noticed Tara and Kyle holding hands. It was adorable to see her on her first 'real date'. They were quietly whispering back and forth to each other. I saw Tara lean her head on his shoulder.

"Aw Dyl look..." I whispered pointing at my sister and Kyle. I looked up at Dylan and he smiled, so did i. I fell asleep during the rest of the movie and Dylan just let me, haha.

Tara's POV ~
I was having a really good time. Kyle is actually a lot sweeter then i thought. The best part is i think he really liked me and asking me wasnt like a dare or anything he actually wanted to! We were holding hands and his hand was kinda sweaty and shaky but i didnt care, i could tell he was nervous but so was i. I think he thought it bothered me.

"Sorry..." He whispered looking at our hands and then at me.

"Its fine." I smiled.

We whispered back ad forth a bit but then were quite for a while. I leaned my head on his shoulder. He smiled and leaned his head against mine a little. The movie ended and everyone started to leave. I went to get up when Kyle stopped me.

"Lets wait a minute." He smiled and grabbed my hand.

"Okay." I said and sat back down. The theater was almost empty and i wasnt sure why we were still sitting.

"What are we waiting for?" I asked.

"Well... I uh-wanted to um... (He whispered something next that i couldnt hear, but then heard the rest.) but i cant when we drop you off because that would be embarrassing in front of my mom." Kyle blushed.

"What would be embarrassing?" I asked. Kyle didnt say another word. He slowly started to lean in. He was gonna kiss me! I had 10,000 thoughts in 2 seconds. Should i kiss him? Stop him? I dont know. I had never kissed anyone before. Before i could think another thought, my thoughts were stopped by our lips meeting. It felt weird but good. We kissed for a second and then he pulled back. I didnt even know what to say, so i just smiled.

"That." Kyle said and i laughed along with him.

"I dont think so." I said.

"We should get going my mom is here." Kyle said standing up.

"Good idea." I smiled, i went to walk away when he grabbed my hand.

"Could we go out again? Another time? Maybe somewhere else." He said.

"Sure i would love that." I said with a smile and we left.

The ride back to my house was quite. When we got to my house Kyle walked me to the door and said goodnight. I thanked him and told him i would text him. I went inside and ran to my room screaming in excitement. I got to go on a date and kiss my crush!?!? The whole night was still sinking in. Me Tara Johnson in a date with Kyle Brown! And we kissed!! I flopped onto my bed ad texted Emily about everything when i saw Soph and Dylan standing in the doorway to my room.

Sophia's POV ~
I cant believe my little sister had her first kiss tonight!! I was happy for her. We left after them just like the house. We got home and could hear Tara freaking out in her room. We went upstairs into her room and talked about the night. She was soo excited. Told me about how their gonna plan a second date and how she actually thought he liked her. Over all it was a great day/night for everyone and i realized my little sister was starting to grow up.

__________________________

More of a sweet chapter! I thought it came out really adorable! Hope you like it! Dont forget to comment, vote, like. Love you guys!!! <3 Krissy