Chapter 28

~Monday Morning~

Sophia's POV ~

I've ignored my dad since he barged in my bathroom on Saturday. Breakfast today was interesting. He was trying to talk to me but i refused to answer.

"Are you driving to school or is Dylan taking you?" My dad asked. I didn't reply. My mom looked over at my dad then to me.

"Is Dylan taking you to school or are you driving?" My mom asked.

"I'm driving i have to babysit after school." I said.

"Sophia will you please talk to me." My dad begged. I didn't even shake my head at him.

"Sophia please talk to your father." My mom said.

"No." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because he had no right to invade my privacy! We weren't doing anything and he had talked to him about everything just before we had went upstairs! I asked him to come in the bathroom with me for two reasons. One because i didn't want to be rude while he was here. And two because i wanted to talk to him and i didn't want to be in the bathroom alone. I mean i'm not an idiot! I wouldn't have sex while you're home! I would wait till your not home!" I huffed. I quickly regretted the last part i said. My dad's eyes grew when he realized i had had sex with Dylan here.

"Did you have sex when we left yesterday?" My dad asked. I was still ignoring him.

"Sophia did you?" My mom asked.

"No once you left we hung out all day and watched a movie. I fell asleep, he brought me in my room and left. Then you guys came home after i was asleep." I said. "Look, i'm 18. I'm a legal adult who can now vote. I understand this is your house and I'm your daughter but i can make my own decisions. I wouldn't do anything i didn't want to do. We use protection and are happy with each other. So why does it matter? I know you guys had sex when you were my age because we've talked about this. You've prepared me to grow up and be able to make my own choices. Now you need to let go and let me make those choices." My parents stared at me in shock. Neither one of them said anything. "Come on Tara i'll take you to school." I said while grabbing my bag. She cleaned her place and we left.

~Lunch~

I hadn't gotten much sleep last night. I had a dream but i can't really remember it. I wasn't all the way asleep and then i woke up and couldn't fall back asleep. Vinnie was back in school, he had one of those medical boots. He sat with us now. I laid my head on the lunch table and fell asleep.

"Soph wake up." Gracie said tapping me.

"Sorry." I said sitting up.

"Soph are you okay?" Dylan asked. I thought for a minute. I wasn't really fine but i wasn't sure if i wanted to tell him that.

"Uh... Yeah i'm fine its just i didn't get much sleep last night and then had another argument with my dad through my mom this morning." I sighed.

"Still not talking to him?" Gracie asked. I shook my head no.

"I'm gonna go sit outside i need some air." I said while standing up and leaving the table.

Dylan's POV ~

"What the hell is up with her?" Gracie asked.

"I'm not sure." I said worried. "I'm gonna go check on her." I said. Vinnie and Gracie nodded.

I got outside and didn't see Soph anywhere. I walked around for about 5 minutes and still nothing. I walked over to where the football, track and baseball field were. I saw Soph standing at the plate and some guy who looked to be a teacher or maybe a coach on the pitchers mound. He would pitch and Soph looked like she was hitting the ball with all her force. She had perfect form and hit every ball perfectly. I was pretty shocked, i knew she played but didn't know how good she was. He pitched again and she missed. She grunted and swung the bat to the ground.

"Aye don't get mad over one missed hit. You only missed one and hit the others perfectly. Come on focus you got this next one." The guy said. Soph shook her head then tapped the dirt off her shoes with the bat.

I found myself smiling and staring. Her butt looked great in those pants... Sorry i am a guy haha. She brought the bat up, i could tell she was really focused. Again he pitched, she swung at perfect timing. The sound of the ball hitting the metal bat. It was amazing! The ball disappeared in the distance.

"Now thats what i'm talking about!" He said. She laughed, her cute little laugh brought a smile across my face. She took her helmet off and her hair fell back to just past her shoulders.

"Thanks Austin." She said.

"You keep that up by the time season rolls around you could get a scholarship playing like that." He smiled.

"Thanks but its not gonna happen." She said sadly.

"What are you talking about! Your a phenomenal player Johnson! Why wouldn't you?" He asked.

"Because i'm not gonna play for the school team this year..." She said while rubbing her arm and looking at the ground.

"Why not?" He asked.

"With everything that happened over the past year-" He cut her off.

"Johnson don't let what that jackass did ruin your life. Your a fantastic player and love the game. Reconsider it not just for yourself but for the team." He said. They both laughed.

"Yeah the team would fall apart if i left huh?" She smiled. "Ya know what, i'll stay."

"Thats a girl Johnson." He said patting her back. They turned around and saw me standing there.

"Dylan?" Soph said kind of as a question.

"Hey..." I said shyly. "I came outside to check on you because i was worried." A smile grow on her face and her cheeks turned red.

"Are you going to introduce me Johnson?" The guy chuckled. I walked next to Soph and she hugged me.

"Austin this is Dylan O'Brien my boyfriend. Dylan this is coach Austin but everyone calls him Austin." She smiled.

"Hey." I said.

"Hello. So O'Brien you play any sports." Austin asked.

"Yeah i play baseball." I said.

"You gonna try out for the school team?" He asked. I looked over at Sophia who was also waiting to know what i was gonna say.

"I was thinking about it." I said.

"You any good?" He asked.

"Well-" Sophia cut me off.

"Here show us. Austin will you pitch for him?" Soph asked handing me the bat and helmet. Austin ran out to the mound and i walked to the plate. Sophia stood behind the home plate.

"Ready O'Brien?" He asked. I turned around and looked at Soph, she smiled and nodded.

"Yeah." I yelled out to him.

I focused hard on the ball as he pitched. I swung, the ball making contact with the bat. It flew into the distance out of sight.

"Dylan!" Soph squealed.

"O'Brien we could use someone like you on the team." Austin said walking back over to us. Sophia ran over to me and kissed my check then whispered in my ear.

"Thank you for coming to check on me." She said, i nodded. The bell rang for next period.

"Austin we gotta get to class we'll see you later." Soph said.

"Okay and you think about joining the team O'Brien." Austin said.

~After school~

Sophia's POV ~

I was at my locker and Dylan stood next to me.

"I have to babysit until 3." I said.

"Alright." Dylan said.

"After i finish can i come over your place? Cause god knows what will happen if you come to my place." I said while shutting my locker. Dylan softly smiled.

"Of corse you can." He said. He placed his hand on my check and softly kissed me. "Can we talk about earlier later too?" He asked, i nodded.

"I'll let you know when i'm on the way." I said.

"Okay." He said. His hand was still on my check. I leaned up to kiss him, he pressed me against the lockers. My arms wrapped around his neck. My fingers playing with the hair on the back of his neck. His hands on my hips.

"You know i'm not big on PDA."
I laughed against his lips.

"No one's still here anymore." He said. We continued our make out sesh for a couple minutes until we were interrupted.

"Aye! You two break it up!" It was Austin. We separated and Austin saw it was us. I blushed uncontrollably.

"Sorry Austin." I said shyly. He looked back and forth between me and Dylan. He saw how happy i was he knew everything that had happened with Ryan. I was really close with Austin.

"Have a nice rest of the day." He said. He turned and walked away. Dylan kissed me one more time.

"See ya later." He smiled.

"Bye." I said. I fixed myself and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Texts~

To Dylan ~
"Hey im on the way to ur place."

From Dylan ~
"Kk see ya soon ;)"

I pulled into Dylan's driveway. He was outside on the phone. He waved hi and continued to talk. I jumped on his back and wrapped my arms around his neck. I giggled like a little idiot.

"Who ya talking to?" I asked.

"Julia. No Soph just got here. Fine." Dylan said then handed me the phone.

"Juls!" I said.

"How are you?" She asked.

"Umm... Better now that i'm with your brother and not home." I laughed.

"I'll let you go. Text or call me later i wanna chat with you!" She said.

"Alright heres Dyl again! Byeee" I
said. Dylan said bye and hung up.
Dylan swung me around and placed me in front of him. He pressed his lips to mine.

"Ya know you never told me you were that great of a softball player." He chuckled.

"I could say the same about you and baseball." I laughed.

We went inside and had a makeout sesh in the living room. Then i explained everything that happened this morning with my dad. Also about the dream i had that i couldn't remember but that i got no sleep. At lunch when i went outside i went to my coach because he's the best teacher.

"See he's helped me with everything. So i found him and talked to him about everything. When i practice i get focused and it helps me with y thoughts, because i'm so focused on hitting the ball i block all the crap out. Then once i'm relaxed it's easier to go through my thoughts." I said. We were laying on Dylan's bed.

Our heads hanging off the end of the bed just looking up. I turned to look at him because he was silent. He smiled his soft typical smile. He sat up and i followed. I realized i had talked for like 10 minutes straight about everything. Dylan hugged me then laid down pulling me down with him.

"I think we both just need a nap." He whispered between my shoulder blades.

"I agree." I smiled.

We feel asleep on his bed. His touch just made it so much easier to relax. I was just glad i was finally going to get some sleep.

__________________________

Looks like Jeff is having some daddies little girl problems. So Sophia can play some pretty good softball! Tell me your thoughts! A lot happened in this chapter. I hope you like it!💜 Krissy