Chapter 57

~Monday~

Sophia's POV ~

Today is the first day of softball and baseball tryouts. Gracie clearly isn't going to tryout anymore and Vinnie was never going to. Ryan still is though... I haven't really talked to him since the day before he left the hospital. The end of the day bell rang and Dylan and i waited for everyone to leave as always.

"So i'll meet you outside of the locker room after tryouts?" Dylan asked with a smile. I nodded and he kissed my head.

"Good luck." I said.

"You too." Dylan chuckled.

I got in the locker room and was changing. There's so many new girls this year. Some of the girls from last year said hi to me as they walked in. But i was truly only friends with Gracie who isn't here. I was the first one in the locker room so i was ready before everyone else. I went out to the field and Austin was already there.

"Aye Johnson you ready?" Austin said smiling.

"Sure?" I said kind of as a question.

"Oh come on Johnson." Austin laughed. I laughed too and he put his arm around me and we walked towards the field. "Can you do me a favor Johnson?" He asked.

"Sure, what?" I asked.

"Help me with these girls." He chuckled. "Watch them while we do tryouts, let me know who you think would be good for the team."

"Okay i can do that." I nodded.

"I knew ya could. Now can you go get my clipboard and keys from Sal please." Austin asked. I said yes and was on my way.

Sal aka Coach Sal coached the baseball team. When i got to the other baseball field all of the guys were outside already. I saw Dylan and smiled, he didn't see me at first because he was talking to Connor. Sal blew his whistle to get everyones attention. They all turned their attention towards coach. When Dylan saw me he smiled and waved.

"Start running! To the fence and back!" Sal yelled and blew his whistle again. "Go, go, go!" He yelled as the boys started running. "What's up Johnson?"

"Austin sent me to get his clipboard and keys he said you have them." I said.

"Yes i do." He laughed.

I love Austin and Sal so much, i truly do. They are so nice and always happy. They're not jokey assholes who are full of themselves like a lot of coaches are. He handed me the stuff and i thanked him. A few minutes had passed because we were talking about school and graduating. Next thing i knew both Dylan and Ryan were back.

"Logan, O'Brien you ran all the way to that fence and back?" Sal asked impressed. Both of them nodded out of breath. "I don't believe it." Sal said. I chuckled under my breath and Sal shook his head. "I find that hard to believe, you two run it again." He said. Other guys started coming back now.

"Coach." Ryan said.

"Go!" Sal said. The two of them sighed and looked at each other and started running again.

"Well i gotta get going Austin's gonna think i disappeared on him." I laughed.

"Alright, good luck with tryouts Johnson." Sal said as i walked away.

"Thanks!"

Dylan's POV ~

Ryan and i were running to the fence for the second time now. When we got to the fence we stopped. Ryan bent over placing his hands on his knees, i bent backwards with my hands on my head. Both of us trying to catch our breath.