Chapter 23

Sophia's POV ~
I got back to Dylan's Aunts house. When i walked in Dylan's mom was in the kitchen with his aunt. I walked in to talk to them.

"Thank you so much for letting my come and stay but i need to go home." I said while trying to hide my tears.

"Soph honey are you okay?" Dylan's mom said getting up and giving me a hug.

"I don't know but i just need to go home." I said backing away. "I'm gonna go get my stuff." I said and then i heard Dylan come in.

"Soph are you here?" Dylan asked running through the house. I shut my eyes, turned around and went to the guest room.

When i got in the guest room Robert and Tyler were still in there. I unplugged my charger from the wall and threw it in my bag. I made sure i had all my stuff and took a deep breath. Then Dylan walked in.

"Look if you would just continue this conversation with me we can work this all out." Dylan said.

"Dylan what else is there to talk about?" I said.

"Soph." He put his hands on my shoulders and pulled me close. He leaned down and kissed me. "I love you." Dylan whispered against my lips. I backed up and looked at him.

"I want to go home Dylan. Now." I said. I was hurt, emotionally hurt. Dylan sighed and a tear ran down his cheek. I know it hurt him that i didn't say i loved him back, it hurt me too. But he hurt me, he knows everything i've been through. I cupped his face and kissed him. He was shocked at first but then kissed back. I pulled away, grabbed my luggage and left. I went outside and sat on the porch and waited for Dylan to bring me to the airport.

Dylan's POV ~
"What the hell just happened?" Robert asked.

"I don't know, but i need to go." I said and went to look for Soph. She was sitting on the porch. When she saw me she got up and grabbed her luggage. "Do i really need to bring you to the airport? Are you really going to leave?" I asked.

She walked over to the car and put her stuff in the trunk an got in the front passenger seat. I guess she was going to give me the silent treatment. Fantastic... I got in the car and started it. Still nothing.

"So your not going to say anything to me? Your just gonna give me the silent treatmet?" I asked.

She looked at me, and then out the window. I felt awful, i could see the pain in her perfectly hazel eyes. About 25 minutes passed and we got to the airport. I parked by the door, she got out and grabbed her stuff not saying anything. I got out of the car and tried to stop her from going one more time.

"Please don't go." I said. A tear ran down her cheek, she just left it. I pulled her into a tight hug. My chin on top of her head. I moved my head down to her neck and whispered in her ear. "Please, please don't leave." I started to cry. She was crying to i felt her tears through my shirt.

We pulled away from each other and wiped our faces.

"I have to Dylan." She said, then turned around and walked towards the entrance.

Sophia's POV ~
That was one of the hardest things i've done in my entire life. Walked away from the guy i love without the last thing i said to him being that i love you and to have been fighting. I had to go though. I have to see if he really does care about me as much as he says or as much as i think he does.

I went to the baggage check and then boarded my flight. I didn't tell anyone i was coming home. When i land i'm gonna call Gracie and have her pick me up.

Dylan's POV ~
I punched the steering wheel in frustration. I just let the girl of my dreams walk away. I hurt her. I texted her telling her to at least let me know when she lands so i know she's safe. I drove back to the house. When i got inside everyone was done with breakfast. I didn't even know what time it was. I looked at the clock that read 8:35am. Julia came in the kitchen.

"Hey Dyl!! Where were you during breakfast?" She smiled.

"Juls.... I messed up. I think i lost her, the girl of my dreams, i think i just let her slip away right from me." I said turning to Julia.

"Dylan what did you do?" She asked.

We sat down and i explained the whole morning to her. I told her Sophia was on a flight already going back to Cali. I just couldn't stop her. I had to let her go.

"Dylan you have to go after her." Julia said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Maybe that's what she wants. After everything shes been through with Ryan maybe she wants to know you really care and if you go after her she'll see that. Dylan she needs to know your there for her. She's been through a lot but she loves you. I know that and i know you love her." She said.

"Thats what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go get her." I got up and packed my stuff.

I went in the living room where everyone was hanging out.

"I love you guys and it was great seeing everyone but, i need to go after the girl of my dreams or i might lose her. I really don't want to lose her. I'll see you guys on the next holiday. Mom, dad, i'll see you when you get home. Love you guys." I said and then left for the airport.

On the way to the airport i made a stop. I had to fix what i did wrong. Then i finally got to the airport. I got a ticket for the next flight out. Which was at 9:45. I had texted Sophia a bunch of times but she didn't answer. Her flight definitely should have landed by now.

Sophia's POV ~
The plane landed and i got off my flight. I had about a million texts from Dylan which i ignored. I called Gracie and told her she had to come get me from the airport and that i would explain everything on the way home. There was early morning traffic and the airport was about 25 minutes from Gracie's so i would be waiting a while. I grabbed a table in the coffee shop and made myself comfy. I would be here probably about an hour.

I never ate breakfast so i bought a muffin and latte from Starbucks. I took out my headphones and put on the One Republic pandora station. Believer by American Authors came on. It was one of my favorite songs. It always made me happy when i heard it. I got a text from Gracie saying she would be a while because there was a car accident so traffic was stopped and no one was moving. Great looks like i'm gonna be here all day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was watching all of the different people who passed through the airport. The way people greeted each other. There was this one girl who looked to be about her mid twenties who was standing with a little girl. In the little girls hands was a sign but i couldn't read it from where i was. She dropped her sign and started the run. I saw guy who also looked to be in his mid twenties in an army suit, he picked her up and spun the little girl around. Then he walked over to the woman and kissed her. It was cute and brought a tear to my eye. It was cool to see all the different people from everywhere. Someone came up behind me, wrapped their arms around my neck, pulled out my headphones then whispered in my ear.

"Do you forgive me?" They asked. I knew the voice but i had to turn around to believe they were there. It was Dylan.

Tears of joy streamed down my face. I smashed my lips to his and he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around him and my arms around his neck. I pulled back and leaned my forehead to his.

"I love you, i do i really do." I said as i held onto him tight.

"I'm sorry. I went over to Mackenzie's before i left and i told her. I told her that you were my girlfriend and that i'm in love with you." Dylan said. I leaned my head back and looked at him.

"You said your in love with me?" I asked.

"Yes because its true. I'm in love with you Sophia Elizabeth Johnson." He said pressing his lips to mine.

"I'm in love with you too Dylan O'Brien." I said. (A/N ~ I've looked everywhere like a crazy person! If he has a middle name he hasn't shared it to the public.)

He put me down and wiped the tears from my face. He really did love me. I couldn't help but smile.

"Gracie should be here soon." I said as we sat down.

"Okay." He smiled.

"I also wanted to apologize... I shouldn't have left... But i just needed out." I said snuggling against Dylan.

"It's okay i understand Soph. You came with me to get away from drama and then drama was started i don't blame you from wanting to leave." He kissed my temple. I realized he had all his stuff.

"Wait so your not going back?" I asked.

"No, i'll see them for thanks giving its fine. I'd rather be with you." He said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gracie texted me letting me know she was here. Dylan and i got all our stuff, then went to find Gracie outside. It was almost 11 and it felt like we had been waiting forever! We explained everything to Gracie and she brought us to my house. We walked inside and Gracie left. Dylan was gonna stay at my house since his parents weren't home i didn't care what my parents said he was staying.

"Tara your home earlier." My said from the kitchen.

"No mom its me." I said walking in the kitchen with Dylan behind me.

"I didn't know you were coming home today and Dylan too." She said confused.

"Yeah well we had a little problem... But i really don't feel like talking about it now. We're just gonna hang in my room and Dylan's gonna stay over cause his parents aren't home yet." I said.

"Oh okay well i love you." She said hugging me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the help of Dylan i unpacked all of my stuff. I gave him a drawer for his things until his parents get back. I put the last thing away and stood in front of my dresser taking a deep breath. Dylan wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. His head placed on my neck. He just held onto me and didn't say anything. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. I held him tight and close. I kissed the side of his neck and smiled. I was just happy to be with him. He lifted me off the ground and walked over to my bed.

I giggled because of the way he carried me. He just tightened his grip and lifted me off the ground like i weighed nothing. He sat me on the end of my bed and sat next to me. I laid down as he did too. I crawled closer to him, laying my head on his chest and wrapping my arm around him. Our legs intertwined. I smiled, he kissed the top of my head.

"Your beautiful Soph." Dylan whispered.

"Your handsome Dyl." I chuckled.

He rubbed my back with his hand under my shirt. The touch of his warm fingers trailing my back was relaxing. His chest slowly rising and falling as he breathed. He was perfect in every way and he was mine. I fell asleep knowing that i didn't or wasn't going to lose the guy that i love.

__________________________

Ahhh who thought they were gonna break up? Ya'll crazy!! Really running out of stuff to say done here. 😘 Krissy