Chapter 28~

Chapter 28 ~ You Must Have A Pretty Interesting Destiny

..::~-*-~::...

"What do you mean?" I practically growled. "For your information, I stayed away from every single one of you to 'save' your reputation!"

"Well, clearly it didn't work!" Dylan growled back as all the three Professor Supervisors noticed the commotion and approached us.

"What's all these noise about?" Professor Oleander asked, while the Headmistress and Professor Ignatius only stood there. "Please try and solve your dilemma in an orderly fashioned way."

"But, this argument clearly requires shouting and yelling, just so I could get my point through this Princess's thick head!" Dylan pointed at me, his tail now lashing furiously. "It has been hell to us for the past days! Ever since your embarrassing plan failed! You! It's all YOUR fault!" Dylan pointed his finger at me and that was the last straw.

My ears were pricked back and I drew back a snarl. "You say that you're protecting us by running away from your problem, but, really, you're just running away from your destiny. Just admit it! Without us, you're nothing!"

"That's right! I AM NOTHING! I'm totally not a princess, a weapon master, a Wolvarian and a leader! For your and utmost information, I am worth more than you are! So, don't you dare cross me!" After I finished my speech, I felt the wet feeling engulfing my figure and my struggle to breathe tightens. Black dots soon appeared right before me and I remembered Dylan mouthing something before he unleashed the powerful spell. I remembered him saying, "Forbidden Spell! Titan Tidal!"

..::~-*-~::...

Pain shot through across my whole body and I shot out off of my bed. My legs were tangled around with the blanket and I landed in the concrete floor. I let out a groan of frustration as I finally recalled everything that happened. Dylan's deadly Forbidden Spell almost had me out of breath... Literally. My lower lip quivered as I stayed under the blankets. My heartbeat then began drumming and I gasped for breath once more.

Someone came into the room and lifted the covers away from my head. When I looked up, I saw a male Leviater and I quickly stood up, but my feet wobbled and my head was suddenly struck by pain. The Leviater then steadied my footing by holding both my shoulders and guiding me back to the bed.

"You shouldn't be walking around. Not yet at least. I'll call the Headmistress. Stay. There!" I felt irritated at the place where he placed his hands on me.

"Get your hands off me!" Without thinking, I bit his arms and he let out a wail, his tail lashing furiously.

"Y-You! What did you do that for?" I let out a menacing growl and I heaved for breathe. "Do as I say." With that, he left the room and I settled myself in the bed that is not mine.

I felt myself drifting back to sleep, but the disrupted voices outside the room kept me awake. "She's not ready to do her classes, Emerald. You know that very well! She's fortunate enough to survive the kid's Forbidden Spell! And we both know very well how deadly a Forbidden Spell is." The annoying voice piped up and I heard the creak of the door as it echoes around the spacious room.

"I am fully aware of that, Evian. But, I never expected them all to have that sort of power." I turned around and faced Professor McGorgon. When she met my eyes, she ushered her way towards me and I cringed away as her arms crawled its way around my body. "Are you alright? How do you feel?"

"Where's that son of an ocean? I'm talking about Dylan, Your Mistress." I said as every word came out as if I was out of breath. "I got to settle some score with him." I growled.

"I think you've provoked him too much, young Magnolia. Sit still. Listen. If you want to start your first day tomorrow then you'll have to rest up for the rest of the day and stay here, where you'll be safe." The Headmistress then sat on the space next to me. "It is all for your safety. We are currently taking care of Prince Tempestine and Princess Sunniva's teams. We will be putting them under heavy surveillance until their problem with your team is resolved. We Professors doesn't want our students to be in each other's throats."

"We want our students to feel safe in our academy. It is the sacred grounds where all seven kingdoms united together. It is the grounds of knowledge and wisdom." Evian added proudly. "I know you're still in shock, Miss Lunacine, but I will take good care of you. And nurse you back to your full health. I am Evian, the Academy's Nurse." Evian told me, as he grabbed a bowl of water and drenched his hand where I bit him.

"I'm sorry for biting you. I thought you were someone else." I apologized and I rested my head on the soft pillow.

"It's alright, Miss Lunacine. You were in shock." Evian even chuckled. He then laid the bowl down a table and opened a cupboard full of bottles filled with colourful liquid. "These are all the remedial potions I use to nurse other students."

"What happened to Dylan? He just released a Forbidden Spell, and from what I've heard." I looked at the Leviater Nurse. "I'm supposed to be dead."

"Dylan... And the rest of the Black Tulips. They were also placed under our surveillance." She replied and I looked at her strangely.

"But, Professor! As far as I know, they didn't do anything wrong. Well, Dylan has. But, that doesn't involve every member of my group. Punish Dylan, not the whole team, Headmistress." I pleaded. "Saviour's sake! I never meant for them to be bullied!" I growled and held both my temples.

"Young Magnolia, it was never your fault." Professor McGorgon then placed a hand on my shoulders.

"They're supposed to be my problem, Professor. I'm supposed to keep them inside me." Then, a tear came down my cheeks, after one tear, I couldn't stop myself at sobbing my heart out. "I-I'm su-supposed to k-keep all this d-dark secrets inside of me. All these feelings. All these h-horrible f-feelings! I'm s-supposed to k-keep everyone I l-love safe!" When I caught my breath, I quickly say, "Then, what did I do when my parents were killed right in front of me? Nothing! I was and still utterly useless." I grieved for my parents and pitied those who still have their families complete.

"Young Magnolia, please calm yourself down. You're having a mental breakdown. It's not your fault." The Headmistress ushered and rubbed my shoulders to comfort me.

"Dylan was right. I am nothing." I tell myself.

"Like I said, Magnolia! Snap out of it." She told me in an agitated tone. "Stop thinking like that."

"But, I can't help it, Your Mistress." I covered my right eye as tears started to slowly pour down. Then, I smiled and felt my cheeks burn. "Why am I suddenly feeling all these emotions?" I clutched the bedsheet tightly. "I must be going crazy."

The Headmistress then tipped my head to her face using her index finger and I watched her lips curved upwards. "No, young Magnolia. I guess they just had that kind of effect on you. You are drawn to them. That's one of the many reasons why I chose you to be a leader, your ability to sympathize with your team mates makes you an amazing leader." She continued to rub my shoulders until all my tears dried out. "You really have an impenetrable shell to break, but on the inside you just hide your true self. It's as if you need some help to get out of that impenetrable shell of yours in both inside and outside."

"You've been nagging me about that ever since I came here."

"That's no way to speak to a Professor, young Magnolia." She removed her hands off of my shoulders and gave my head a light smack. "You know very well that I only mean the best for my student."

I groaned, "I'm fine now, you can go away now." I said in an irritable voice and I turned my back to face her. I comfortably hug the pillow as I clutched my eyes tightly shut. "I won't go anywhere, I want to start attending my classes' first think tomorrow."

When I heard the door shut, I turned and faced Evian who was smiling at me. "So, that was the reason why she chose you." I ignored him and turned around, but what he said next, caught my attention. "You must have a pretty interesting destiny."

..::~-*-~::...