Chapter 13~

Chapter 13~ The Trials For The Wolvarian Princess ~Part 1~

...::~-*-~::...

When I opened my eyes I quickly investigated my hands to prove that my prediction was real. Yep, another flashback. As I continue to examine my figure, I noticed that my whole body can see right through the floor.

"Oh, come on! Why are you always like this?!" My attention snapped at Oliver holding his new weapon. "Do you really think that you can just waltz through the corridors of Fexsierra not knowing how to even hold an Aura Key." He faced me and took a step forward. I watched from the shadows as I felt my blood boil inside me.

I was a crybaby back then. When Oliver got his weapon, his ego boosted way above the heavens. I watched my nine-year old self drown herself with tears as Oliver pulled her collar and shoved his face in front of her, dangerously close. My ears pricked backwards and tried to look away, but my self pity for myself kept me watching. I only chewed on my lip to release a bit of tension.

"Stop crying, goddammit! If you're going to beat your own sister down, keep it down a notch." I heard Lloyd yell out from the other room. This made my blood boil. If only those people stopped babbling nonsense about me back then, I would've stood up for myself and beat my brother's and Lloyd's sorry ass. Do I really want to save the kingdom after what they've done? But, that kingdom is my family's legacy. I smiled at the thought. And I won't let my brother's grubby hands anywhere near the throne.

"Wowzers! You completed your first trial with no sweat!" The annoying voice loomed over my head.

"That was a trial? That was sooo easy!" The memory in front of me vapourised and was replaced by a room underground, with a massive boulder in the middle. This must be the second one then, I thought.

"Righty-oh! Missy! Let me explain how you passed the trial first. Don't you want to know yourself? Or were you smart enough to figure it out yourself?" He asked in a non-mocking way.

"I would like to know as well." I breathed.

"I was going to show you some of your comrades' misunderstandings and betrayals. Specifically individuals who invaded and broken your trust." An image of my brother and Lloyd flashed through my head. "I can see that you value your family and what they've done in the past. But you have to dig deeper than that, Magnolia. You've barely known anyone who went before your father and mother. That will be the type of knowledge you will be getting at Fexsierra."

"Yes, I understand. That's why I'll conquer this dungeon and put a stop at whatever Fensus, Lloyd and Oliver are up to." I proclaimed.

"Good. At least we both know that you're walking into the righteous path. You're undying loyalty will surely make you an asset." An asset? An asset on what? On our society? But before I could even ask had him a question, his voice boomed and echoed through the room. "For your second trial, we will take a break with all these crazy flashbacks and move onto a more physical activity!"

With that statement, I gripped my fist, realising that my spear was nowhere near me. "Where's my spear, spirit? Will I need it for the trial? And what do you mean by m-"

The spirit made a 'shh' sound and I felt a strong pull towards the boulder. "No, you won't be needing that spear of yours, princess. You have a funny choice of weapons if I may say. A guard's spear? Aster couldn't have chosen a more decent weapon for his-"

"He passed away." My voice shook.

"Interesting." I heard the voice whispered, making my blood boil.

"Well? What's so interesting about my father getting assassinated by my own brother?" I challenged.

"Go and touch that massive boulder." He ushered.