Chapter 4~

Chapter 4 ~ Pfft! Me? Act Lady-Like?

...::~-*-~::...

I braced myself for the attack, my hands over my head, my forehead pressed onto my crossed arms. About a minute passed away, I decided to take my hands away from me. I was surprised by my father laying on the ground, groaning in pain. I looked around me and saw my Dusk Aura surrounding me, keeping me in a state of panic. "Dad! Wake up! And, what were you thinking about attacking me like that!" My frown vanished when I caught my dad disappear from thin air and heard a chuckle from the man sitting on the throne. Which was my father, who just magically vanished in thin air and then managed to revive himself within a matter of seconds? It could either be that, or the dude that disappeared was an illusion made by my father.

I landed on my knees and clutched the carpet underneath me. "W-what just happened?"

The chuckle that emitted from my father soon evolved into a fit of laughter. The Dusk Aura around me soon faded away, and the shadows around us stopped dancing and returned into their world of physics (Who am I kidding? Does Science really exist in fantasy worlds?). "That! Was the most fun I've ever had!" He looked towards his right. "Don't you think so, Lord Ali Obsidian?" An old man with a black cloak emerged from the shadows.

He chuckled with the King and nodded his agreement. "Indeed, my King. Who knew the princess could be so considerate towards her enemies."

What?

When my father stopped his laughter, he wiped his tears away and stared at me with his loving eyes, which turned into a more serious look from the negative aura he's been giving out towards the people in the room. "Magnolia." He stated sternly. "Do you know why I called you here?" He gestured me to come near him. I hesitated a first, but, soon trusted my instincts. "No, father." Except your satisfaction to make a fool out of me. By this, Lord Ali chuckled once more. Apparently, you're reading my mind, Lord Ali. He looked at me and nodded. The nerve! He chuckled again.

"Have you given any thought about the ball you'll be hosting soon? Just like what Oliver did four years ago. Do you still remember." He stated, keeping calm about all the solution.

Geez, I'm thirteen already, I thought. I shifted a glance towards Lord Ali, and he just smiled. "No, and also yes."

My father sighed and slouched on his throne. Wow, that's a very noble thing for you to do, father. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, why did you gave me a nightmare back there. That's not very like you, dad, unless-" I then remembered an important memory when my father pulled troublesome pranks towards Oliver and me when we forgot something fundamental. "That's a compelling way of parenting, dad." I merely smirked at him as he slouched his back even further.

"Oh, Magnolia. What will I ever do to you." My father placed his hands on his chin and studied me.

"Well, you could always just send me off to Fexsierra without any unnecessary party whatsoever." I crossed my arms, sending him signs that I'm dead serious about my previous statement.

"But, darling. It's tradition. It shows that you're very capable of handling responsibility."

"Am I really now?" I snapped back.

"Yes, I believe in you. You will come up with something extraordinary that no other Kings or Queens in this kingdom have ever thought of."

"Thanks for believing in me and everything, but," I pricked my ears back and let my tail droop in disappointment. "To be honest, I've been nothing but a disappointment to the family. I don't think I'm capable of handling that particular responsibility." I looked down in shame, for that all those words that I've spoken were pure and true.