Chapter 8~

*Note: The clothes that Magnolia described in this chapter is shown in the cover. If you want to check it out with high resolution, then go and check my Deviantart.
*Another Note: This chapter might be a bit gory for some viewers. Please thread carefully.

Chapter 8~ What Has Gotten Into You! You! And You!?

...::~-*-~::...

I woke up with beads of sweat sticking at the sides of my face. I quickly stood up and roughly pulled the curtains, seeing a beautiful sight of the moon still visible above the starry night sky, with a streak of orange and purple behind the mountains. I sprinted towards the bathroom and I splashed my face with droplets of water. I noticed my hands shaking and shivering as I tried gathering water through the faucet. After I washed my face and brushed my teeth, I stepped outside the bathroom and my eyes trailed down at Lady Clavor's present.

It was just a dream, Magnolia. I thought, but Fensus voice still lingered at the back of my head. Keep telling yourself that. Just a dream! Just a dream! It was just a dream!

I shook my head and decided to see if Lady Clavor's present fitted me perfectly. I went inside my closet to reach a pair of undergarments and also a pair of black training boots. I took a pair of purple leggings before I put on a teal skirt. I took the black long-sleeved shirt and put it on, I shivered when I felt a breeze went past the tips of my shoulders. I studied the box itself and noticed that there were more garments there than the belt. I took the garment out and saw a clothing with a mix of strapless top and leather tunic vest that went along my ankles and at the sides of my hips. I managed to fit it inside me, I wondered why it was loose, but then I took a look at the belt and put it on. I managed to wrap it around my waist and took a look at my full bodied mirror. I smiled at the sight and took my black leathered boots on. Perfect for adventuring. I'd prefer this any day than Oliver's smelly shirt. I thought delightfully.

I was about to leave the room when I noticed a shimmering object lying on my desk. I went over to it and caught the sight of my family's miniature crest. I placed it on my pocket, deep on my skirt. The belt that Lady Clavor that made for me also seems to have some key pockets set behind my waist, for familiar keys and weapon keys.

I should've made more interactions with her during the ball. I thought to myself as I looked outside my window and gazed upon the dawning sky. Better start the day with-

My thought was interrupted when I caught an unfamiliar scent lingering around my door. I sniffed the fragrance once more and led me to look at my door once more. I gulped and took a couple of steps near my door. My hand firmly gripped onto the door knobbed and my heart throbbed when I saw the scarlet liquid oozing at the tips of my door. Bl-blood? My knees were weak and my mind whirled at the sight. My grip at my door knob tightened, once I've gathered all my courage, I stepped outside.

My breath hitched at the horrific sight in front of me. My fingers trailed at the scarlet liquid plastered on my door, Tiffany's blood. Her body was nowhere near my door, only a trail of her scent and blood lingered on my door and along the carpet. I followed the trail and ignored the dark thoughts that lingered on my mind. Soon, fear took the best of me and I suddenly shouted Tiffany's name. "Tiffany? Tiffany!" I cried out her name like a lost pup.

The bloody trail went past our kitchen, then our dining room, then stopped at the middle of the throne room. I was still in the dining room as I scanned the throne room ahead of me. My mouth gaped open when I heard a wolf howl in pain. As the sun settled to my right, my vision cleared and saw a couple of blood trails on the floor and mixed scents were plastered onto them.

The staff members? No! That can't be! I sniffed the air once more and smelled Oliver's scent onto them. I was almost in the brink of tears when I heard the wolf howl in pain again.