Chapter 10~

Chapter 10~ Their Very Last Wish

...::~-*-~::...

I growled at Oliver's cockiness and picked up the spear, planning to pierce it right through his chest that he is so proud of. My mother got off Fensus when the wolf was not showing any signs of living. She tore the wolf into pieces. She saw her husband's unresponsive movements and sprinted towards her children. When her eyes landed on my father, she broke down in tears and grieved through her Normal Form. She clutched my father's head and just cried her heart out. Oliver was devious enough to smirk at the sight. I frowned when he swung his scythe near our mother's head. I deflected his attack and sneered at him.

"I want the royal stones, okay. Just chill, it'll be over in a blink of an eye. Just like how father ended it." He dared to make a joke about our father's death. For that matter, my father!

"You have no right to call him father." I snarled.

My mother stood up and went between Oliver and me. "Stop this at once, Oliver." She commanded in her dominant and demanding voice.

"You can't tell me what to do, you old hag." I snarled at his remark and tightened my grip at the handle of the spear.

My mother suddenly lurched forward, with her dagger in hand. "I abandoned my path of being a ruthless assassin when I met your father. Don't make me come back to that path ever again!" One dagger behind his neck and one right on top of his Adam's apple.

*Gore Warning*

"There we go! We both have something in common! We both strayed away from the path of good. It was just like what you adults say! Like mother like son, is it?" He said. My mother pushed the two blades together, piercing a deep hole onto Oliver's throat.

"You will speak when you're told to!" My mother warned my brother in a cold and distant voice.

My mother then withdrew her blades and let Oliver inspect his neck. My mother suddenly pulled me into a hug, while also checking Oliver's every move. Oliver simply smirked and looked behind him, over at Fensus's body. "I took care of him. He won't bother anyone else just for today."

I squinted my eyes to see Oliver's neck surrounded by steam. He looked back at us and gave us his most devious grins. "Well? Would you look at that! Fensus's spell worked!" He exclaimed as my mother stood in front of me, along with her arms, going between Oliver and me.

I can see the terror and fear present in her eyes. "That can't be!" My mother exclaimed and looked at me. "A Familiar is incapable of doing such thing!"

My brother curiously looked at my mother and grabbed his scythe. "Do you mean summoning a spell? What can I do? He's a Forbidden Familiar after all. What's more interesting is a naive princess incapable of unlocking her Beast Form." He tilted his head to get a better view of my shaking figure.

"And her inner powers," Fensus growled behind him, he stood up in all four of his legs and gave my mother a wolfish grin.

"Jeez, Fensus! I thought you told me that you would be the one who would end my father's life. I guess I needed to improvise for our plan to work." Oliver shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, we got your father dead, so that's that." Fensus stood beside him and smirked.

"Magnolia." My mother whispered. "Please, my darling. You need to get out of here while there's still time." My mother pleaded and looked at me with her tear-stained eyes. "Do it for your father's sake." She touched my cheeks as I placed my palm on top of it.

I tightened my grip. "No mother. This is my kingdom! I promised to protect my people and won't run like a coward!" I declared as my mother's face stiffened.