Chapter 6 ~

Chapter 6 ~ I Just wanted Some Of Those Strawberry Delights

...::~-*-~::...

The ball went smoothly as I wanted it to be. I was told to stay by my father's at all times during the gathering. I guess it was all because of the possible assassinations that could happen during those times. I was currently trying to catch Tiffany's attention so that she could pass me some of those sweet, oh sweet strawberry treats. What's the point of ordering them when I, the one who ordered it, can't even have some. I stared at the little pieces of strawberries that were left on the massive plate, right next to the strawberry fountain. I then eyed Tiffany and some of the maids, but once they made eye contact, they just jumped and quickly snapping their attention to my other guest's needs.

My left eye twitched, along with my tiny mole underneath it. I sighed in belief and shot my eyes over at the empty plates on either side of the room, I gasped in shock and let out a small sigh of defeat as my stomach demanded food. My mother seems to notice this and took my father's plate and handed it over to me.

"What the-" My father was talking to Captain Aldon when my mother snatched his small plate away.

"Eat up, darling." I gladly took the plate off her hand and devoured the pieces of shrimps and the chocolate chips at the side of the plate.

My father sighed and dismissed his conversation with the captain. He went over to my mother and me. "Should I ask everyone to grab a partner and take them on a lovely dance?" My father asked my mother, to which my mother complied to and smiled.

"Our little flower here has some energy to dance with some of our finest men." She said and winked over at me.

My father cleared his throat and protectively wrapped his arms around me. "You know what, I'll dance with Magnolia and keep her safe. You can go over with our son, Oliver." She dismissed my mother with a hand gesture.

What are they on about? Of course, I'll have to dance with someone, it's a ball after all. And besides, whoever I'll have to dance tonight will have to wait for about a year to see me again. I playfully pinched my father's side and drew away from his grasp, which I successfully did. "If you want, I can just have a dance with Lloyd or Oliver," I suggested, which my father cringed at the idea, how do I know this? His unsure face says it all.

"Nope, you're just going to sit here and look pretty." My father settled me down to a throne beside him.

I stood up and smirked as I grabbed his glass of wine and took the plate I got from him. I used the plate to make a sound with the glass. Everyone whipped their attention to me with a weird expression as I hide the two pieces of utensils behind my back. "Everyone? May I please have your attention?" I smirked once more. I caught Oliver and Lloyd at the door leading to the garden; they seem to be in a deep conversation. "May I please ask everyone to grab a partner and take them on a lovely dance tonight once the musicians are ready." Once I nodded over to the musicians, they played a slow and lovely tune. I saw children stopped playing and started holding hands and danced their hearts out. I also saw Bian and his sister dancing together. I turned and saw my father's face with mixed emotions.

I silently gulped at my father's lack of emotions. "Well, your dance is waiting for you, your highness." I bowed down as my mother held my shoulders tightly and grabbed me into a hug all of a sudden and took my father's hand.

"You better have a dance with your brother. And don't even think about approaching that mischievous, yet, somehow handsome boy." She winked at me once more before she dragged my father out of my sight and during that moment, she murmured something on my father's ear. I pricked my ears up and managed to hear, "He's here."