Chapter 2~

Chapter 2 ~ My Glorious Grand Entrance?

...::~-*-~::...

"Hey! I know that look on your face!" Lloyd shoved his elbow on my stomach. I grunted and gave him a mischievous look, even though I already knew what he was talking about.

"Pfft! What look?" I plastered on a bright smile.

"Maggie! It's those people right?" Lloyd shook my shoulders and grinned at the nickname.

"I'm fine! Let's just get this over with and hopefully find some other exit around here so that I can explore the capital." I looked around the boutique and was greeted by a middle-aged woman with a bright smile. Her dark violet hair was tied up in a messy bun as streaks of white and gray-streaked along with it. Her yellow eyes glowed in anticipation and rattled her massive scorpion tail. Ah, a Mantipion.

"Nice to meet you, Lady Clavor!" I stretched my hand out to only meet her scaly palms.

"Pleased to see you as well, your majesty." She looked over my shoulder to look at Lloyd. "Hold up, the princess is the special customer you were talking about?" The yellow-eyed woman pointed at me with her scaly fingers.

Lloyd nodded in confirmation as Lady Clavor hung her mouth open and quickly took out her measuring tapes and smiled brightly. "If I may, my princess." I hesitantly nodded and watched as Lloyd smugly smiled. She placed me on a level and then she started taking my measures, scuffling, shifting and moving around.

"Well, we'll get the other necessities and possibly get a new suit for me." Lloyd made his way to the door, and I squirmed when Lady Clavor measured my tiny waist, slightly stepping on my tail. "Until then princess!"

...::~-*-~::...

After four hours of choosing and picking my dress, we've finally come with a decision, same goes for my jewelry.

"See you at the ball, princess! My family and I will surely not miss it!." Lady Clavor waved us goodbye, and I waved back as the two Familiars lifted us off the ground. I looked over at my shoulder and saw the beautiful orange sky with a violet streak across, the sun is setting and Lloyd's worried face.

I mouthed 'what' at his direction and simply signaled Jelly to hover beside Jam. "Okay! That's it! Tell me what's bothering you, or else-"

"Or else what! You can't do anything with those people! It's their thoughts! Thoughts!" I hung my mouth open.

"Then why are you always like this? You act alright, confident and strong in front of your family, but, when it comes to the public, you let them affect you. Poison you!" He muttered something under his breath, but, I managed to catch his words, "Which one's the real you?"

"What are you trying to say?" I muttered.

"I'm just saying that you matter! And, don't let those people bad-mouth you like that! Prove them wrong during tonight's ball." He encouraged. "That's what you've planned right?"

I snapped my attention to him. "How did you know?" I had an eerie feeling inside of me when I thought about doing something terrible to my brother's ball, but, I just couldn't get myself to do it.

"Oliver told me for quite some time. When you've decided to sneak out for the first time, you look..."

"Broken? Would that be accurate enough?" On that very night, I was stupid enough to go back through the front gates instead of going through my window, but, back then, I have no strength to think or do anything. I was only a mere five years old, my tiny brain couldn't help but shove all of those horrible feelings and thoughts at the back of my head. Big mistake.