Chapter 48 - The future (part 2)

From a pillar that used to be a part of the ruins, you can see the human that attacked you! It is wearing a cloak and jumps down below.

"Really" they chuckle "I couldn't have done it with out you" you see a smug smirk
"You!" you growl
"Me!" they laugh

You step forward but Slender shouts.

"do NOT leave the circle child"

You grit your teeth and clench your fist.

"Fine" you growl as you step back. Slender whips his tentacle at the assassin. The smug human smiles with their teeth and easily dodges out of the way.

"Gonna have to try harder than that!" they laugh
"Children, make sure y/n gets through by any means necessary!" Slender yells out

Jeff jumps fourth and attempts to stab the assassin. However he is easily pushed aside and held with his arm behind his back.

"You could accomplish so much more my boy" he whispers "too bad you sided with the demon"
"Eat shit" Jeff twists around breaking his arm but lands a slash-like attack on the chest of his prey

Slender quickly teleports Jeff to his side.

"Well done my child" Slender pats his shoulder
"Nothing I haven't done before boss" Jeff smiles madly

The assassins looks upon you and quickly takes action. He charges to you pulling out a dagger from his sleeve. You struggle to find an escape without leaving the circle.

Suddenly Ben jumps in the way of the assassin and you see Ben's stomach ooze red.

"Ben?" you quietly say

His body goes limp and falls to the side. You fall to your knees and tremble. The assassin laughs.

"Wow, these fools actually care for you!" he pulls out the dagger violently "or maybe they want the same thing my hunters and I want"

The human's body moves about. You now know this is no ordinary person.

"I have killed your kind so many times, I mean hell the first one I killed made me only want more. I took their power for myself and fuck I felt great. Do you even know how we take your powers?"

They kneel down to you and they pull up their hood revealing who they are. Their body molds in a jelly-like way. Their face forms and you feel your blood boil.

"You fucking freak" you growl "of all fucking people!"

Author's note: CLIFFHANGER