31: R e t u r n o f t h e D e a d

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Under dire circumstances, Clarke, Octavia and Bellamy work together to break into Mount Weather and save their people

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

[PREVIOUSLY: Under dire circumstances, Clarke, Octavia and Bellamy work together to break into Mount Weather and save their people. In the meanwhile, Lexa ascends to her coronation and Skikru abandons the fort, leaving the future of the nation in the Peace Keeper's hands].

It had been three months since Bellamy and I stood at the camp gates, watching as a certain blonde-haired girl walked away across the horizon.

It had been three months since Clarke pulled the lever in Mount Weather, killing the hundreds of people residing within its cemented walls.

It had been three months since Trikru betrayed Skikru and left us for dead at the base of the mountain.

It had been three months since Princess Lexa became Queen Lexa, Commander of the Twelve Clans and Heda of the Tribes.

Since our ungraceful exit from the so-called 'mountain of death', there had been a cease-fire issued between us and the grounders. They stayed away from us and we stayed away from them and that was that.

For most.

Every single day for the course of several weeks, I had strapped on my sword, tied up my hair and slipped, unnoticed, through the wire fencing encompassing Camp Jaha. Every day, I would go deep into the dark, ebony forest that surrounded us like a nightmarish flood. Every day, I would meet up with General Indra to undergo my training.

It had taken her a while to come to terms with what had occurred in her absence but news travelled fast throughout the region and when Indra learned of the Peace Keeper's bravery, she agreed to a term of conditions. She still wanted to see me flourish as an experienced swords-woman but she had appointed herself another second so she considered me to merely be just another of her regular trainees.

Of course, neither Lexa or Kane or anyone in between knew of this. If they did, there would be a huge outrage. Even with the cease-fire, we were still considered enemies. Indra could be severely punished or even killed and I could be lashed or put into lock-up.

That's why I kept my training a big secret ... even from my brother, Bellamy.

Since Clarke's disappearance, Bellamy, who had previously suffered from sadness and resentment, tried to forget his growing feelings for the blonde by hooking up with a sweet, brown-haired, doe-eyed girl by the name of Gina. Even though I had nothing against Gina, I didn't particularly converse with her much. She wasn't in my circle of friends and the only reason I knew her name was because she was my brother's girlfriend and that was that.

Gina, along with Nate Miller and Dustin Hendrick, was a high-ranking member of the guard and was in charge of the patrol and scout groups that were often sent out by Chancellor Kane to secure the perimeter.