10: S k a i G a d a

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Murphy makes a surprise appearance along with three other delinquents, one of which shares ties with Octavia

[PREVIOUSLY: Murphy makes a surprise appearance along with three other delinquents, one of which shares ties with Octavia. Aidan, upon seeing her and Finn together, starts to act weird, and Octavia, unable to handle the tension, goes off on her own ... Only she isn't alone].

When my mind slowly flittered back from the brink of unconsciousness, I felt a dull ache in my side and a sharp pounding in my skull. With a groan, I forced my eyes open but the piercing light that met me was so painfully bright that I had to close them again.

Something thick and oozy rose up in the back of my throat. It took me a minute to realise that it was blood.

I rolled over, ignoring the pricks of pain stabbing my body, and coughed out the dark red liquid onto the ground next to my head.

Gasping for breath, I slowly looked up, straight into the unfriendly face of a masked grounder!

"Ahh, so the Skai Gada (Sky Girl) is finally awake," the warrior sneered as he crouched down to my level. "Indra, Gustus, she's come about."

Indra? Gustus? What the hell? I frantically looked around, only to realise, with a lurch of horror, that I was lying on the ground next to the thatched huts bordering the grounder-filled village of TonDC. Oh no.

The clang of armour and the scuffling of footsteps reached my ears. I turned around just in time to see two warriors, clad with weapons, approaching me. One was a tall, African woman with scars adorning her skin and the other was a full-bearded, tattooed giant of a man; both looking extremely fierce and obnoxious.

"So, we meet again, Skai Gada," the woman spoke, a smug look plastered on her face. "I didn't think we would."

I shook my head as I gaped at her. "Indra! I - I thought you died in the explosion!"

"Huh, you wish, but I don't die easily," Indra sneered as she glared down at me. "Neither does Lexa."

"What about Anya?" I breathed.

It took Gustus a split second to react as he drew out his sword and pointed it towards me. "That's Heda to you," he growled.

I nodded as I raised my hands. "I - I'm sorry. Heda. Did she make it?"

Indra raised her eyebrows. "Yes."

I heaved a sigh of relief. Anya, no matter how cruel and tactical, was still important to these people. I had to respect that.

"She, however, is not here," Indra continued soberly.

I frowned. "W-what? Where..." my voice trailed off. "Oh crap. Mount Weather! Please tell me they didn't get her too?"