2: M u r d e r i n g P s y c h o p a t h

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia has an accident right before she, Raven, Bryce and Finn set off in search of the Ark

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia has an accident right before she, Raven, Bryce and Finn set off in search of the Ark. Along the way, Raven pulls a gun out on an unwelcome intruder].

"Murphy?"

As soon as I heard Raven utter his name, I gasped out in shock and hurriedly pulled myself up into a sitting position, ignoring the dull ache pounding in the back of my skull. "What?" I cried out, watching as Raven and Finn inched closer towards the bushes. "Oh my god, what?"

"Hold up. He's hurt," Raven spoke. "Look at that leg. What happened? Did you get run over by the entire grounder army or something?"

Finn and Bryce laughed at her sarcasm. Raven crossed her arms over her chest and settled back in satisfaction. "Humph."

"Wait, wait, lemme see, lemme see!" I urged as I crawled over on all fours towards the scene. I felt like such an idiot but, truth be told, my stomach felt like it had a knife stuck in it. Seriously. I couldn't stand up even if I wanted too.

Ducking down behind Raven's legs, I pulled apart the bushes hiding Murphy's prone and bleeding figure and scowled.

"You son of a bitch," I spat. "I'm glad you can't run."

Murphy stared at me, his dark eyes wide with terror. "No. No. Octavia. Don't do anything you'll regret."

"I'm pretty sure I won't regret it," I growled as I shuffled closer to him.

"Look, you're hurt, I'm hurt, let's just call it quits for now and start the feud again another day?" he begged.

"The feud?" I repeated mockingly. "The feud?"

"Okay, wrong word, my bad," Murphy moaned.

"This isn't a feud, dickens, this is war!" I shouted as I lunged at him. Flinging my legs over his body, I straddled him around the waist. Leaning down, I whispered, "You killed Charlotte. You killed Conner. You tried to kill Bellamy. You tried to kill Jasper. You're a killer. And you know what the punishment for that is don't you?"

Murphy swallowed hard and shook his head in protest.

"Tell me, Murphy, how did you become such an asshole?" I demanded threateningly.

"I'm sorry for what happened with Bellamy, okay?" he choked out. "Is that what you wanna hear?"

I rolled my eyes and huffed as I glared down at him. "Let me guess. Mummy and Daddy didn't love you?"

Murphy clenched his jaw as he responded shortly, "No. They loved me." He tried to turn his head away but he wasn't quick enough to hide the wetness in his eyes.