Special Pet Part 32

Start from the beginning

    Margaret thinks the starship is real and dosen't want to go on it. "Margaret no come!" She says, sounding frightened.

    The Nividian holding her notices her fear. "It's okay, sweetie. You don't have to go in there," they tell Margaret kindly.

    The other Pet Watcher carries the other two humans in their care onto the starship exhibit. They are not afraid of it like Margaret is. They are excited to be going on it.

    Margaret is carried to the next exhibit, which is a model of a small Nividian store scaled down to be the right size for humans and stocked with toy merchandise for her to play with and examine. Margaret forgets her fear and happily looks around at everything in the model store. She places objects into the shopping container and takes them to what she thinks must be the checkout, not understanding that this is an exhibit in a museum she's in and that she can't really buy anything. She's so happy the aliens are finally letting her do her own shopping.

    Margaret stands at the "checkout" wondering how to pay for her purchases. She realizes that her owner has all the money. "Quigor, come!" She calls loudly.

    The other two humans enter the exhibit and begin filling their own shopping container. Likar appears holding a small pet human. They carefully hand her to a Pet Watcher. 

    Margaret forgets about her purchases momentarily and runs excitedly over to the Pet Watcher. "Tulip!" She cries happily.

    Likar explains to the Pet Watcher about Tulip's disability and how to care for her. 

    "That's fine Likar. Just look at this pretty girl. She'll do fine. Go and greet the customers," the Pet Watcher says while Tulip smiles happily up at them.

    "Tulip! Come here! Look, we get to buy our own stuff!" Margaret cries excitedly in English. 

    Margaret is carefully picked up by the other Pet Watcher as Likar leaves. "Look how excited you are to see her! Do you know her?" They ask Margaret in Nivish, already suspecting the answer.

    "Let's get your friend into a pet walker so she can explore and have fun with you," Olam the Pet Watcher who is holding Tulip says. A pet walker has a strong seat with leg holes which will hold and support Tulip's body without using any of her own strength to hold her up. The seat is very soft and comfortable, yet very strong. It has a back so Tulip can sit up and gliders (Much better than wheels, but a similar idea.) on the bottom. The design is so that Tulip can move the pet walker by moving her legs, but she cannot get out of the walker or sit in a chair by herself. She dosen't need to sit in a chair because there is a chair built into the pet walker which is supporting her. There is also a tray on the front of the pet walker to hold toys. It contains Tulip's Nividian book, which Lioslay had one of the Nividians who manages the Pet Human Museum program with symbols for the Pet Human Museum. 

    Olam carefully places Tulip into a pet walker. The Pet Human Museum has plenty of them in case handicapped pets visit the museum.     

    Tulip struggles to walk to Margaret. "Hi Margaret. My owner brought me. They said you would be here today," she tells Margaret slowly in English. 

    The other pets look curiously at Tulip and chatter to each other in their own language. They return to playing in the store after a while.

    "Look at the cool stuff I bought, Tulip! I just need to get Quigor to come pay for it!" Margaret cries excitedly in English, going over to her "purchases."

    "Oh, wow. They let you buy all of that?" Tulip asks slowly, trying to come over with her pet walker.

    "Yes!" Margaret says happily in English. She gazes happily at her pony bedsheets, pony beach playset, cups with birds on them, and plates with pony pictures on them. "I can't wait to show Quigor!"