Forty-Two: High Off Acid

"Effie, calm down

"Effie, calm down. We'll find him." Amy soothed, my nostrils flaring.

"No, you were all out for almost an hour! We need to find him, now." I expressed my panic, Rory's eyes widening at my statement.

"What? No way, it's been like two minutes." He disagreed.

"Listen, I think I would know how long I was panicking over you two. You were both out for almost an hour." I told them, looking around the now dark room. "And the power is off, just great." I sighed, close to just giving myself away and lighting my hand on fire so we had a source of light.

"Don't worry," Rory brought a torch out from his jacket pocket. "I always keep one on me, since Venice." Amy smiled taking the torch from him.

"Great, we have light! Now, let's find the others." I said, the three of us leaving the room making our way back to where everyone was in their doppelganger machines.

"Anyone hurt?" I asked as soon as we got to the room, seeing Buzzer, Dicken, and Jimmy getting out of the machines.

"Other than the fact that I feel like I've been toasted, fine," Buzzer grunted. "What the hell happened?" He questioned.

"The tsunami," Amy informed them, leaning down making sure no one was bleeding.

"Why?" I looked to see Jennifer off to the side sobbing to herself.

Rory luckily took initiative, running over to Jennifer to comfort her. Amy and I watched Rory comfort her, hugging Jennifer as she sobbed. Amy smiled softly as her husband's kindness, myself giving Rory a thumbs up.

Everyone was here except for the Doctor and Cleaves. As if he could read my mind, the Doctor and Cleaves suddenly came racing in.

"Are you hurt?" Was the first thing to come out of the Doctor's mouth, the Timelord quickly strolling up to me.

He grabbed my head in his hands, checking over me worriedly. "No. I'm fine." I smiled, checking him to make sure he wasn't hurt as well.

"Yeah, she didn't even get knocked out," Rory said from where he was comforting Jennifer. "That's actually kind of amazing, how did you manage that?" The Doctor looked at me in confusion hearing Rory's words.

"How did you manage that? You're human, far more fragile than me and even I was knocked unconscious. You had to have been out, it is physically impossible for you not to have been!" The Doctor exclaimed suspiciously, hands still gripping my head as he studied me. "What are you?" His eyes brightened at his question, my heart dropping.

He was finally starting to get it, he was beginning to ask the right questions.

"That's what I've been missing, isn't it?" The Doctor mumbled to himself keenly, moving my head back and forth. "I've asked all the wrong questions, this whole time, I've been asking the wrong questions-" He was cut off by Amy sauntering up to us, literally slapping the Doctor.