Twenty-Three: The Pandorica Opens

A few minutes later, River had changed out of being Cleopatra into a much more suitable outfit and the four of us were all riding horses away from the Roman camp and to the Stonehenge

Only three horses had been available, so the Doctor made me share with him much to my protest. However, he won and that left me clinging onto to him desperately as he hollered in glee riding a few feet ahead of both Amy and River Song.

"Please, don't kill us..." I stuttered out, hiding my face in the crook of his neck while grasping him tighter.

I trusted the Doctor with many things, but riding a horse was definitely not one of them. I knew I should have taken the lead!

"So dramatic, love!" The Doctor yelled back, laughing as he did. "We'll be fine, I am an excellent rider!" He boasted, just as the horse shuttered making me squeal.

The ride only lasted a few minutes and soon we were all standing at the enormous mystical stones that made up the Stonehenge. I glanced around it in a bored manner not understanding all the getup about a bunch of stones.

Amy, on the other hand, looked around as if it were the most magnificent thing she'd ever seen, the Doctor was well... being the Doctor, and River scanned the area for any unnatural readings.

"How come it's not new?" Amy asked, making River look at her.

"Because it's already old. It's been here thousands of years. No one knows exactly how long." River explained, typing something on her little device.

"Hmm..." I sighed, looking over to the Doctor who was scanning the rocks with his sonic screwdriver.

"Okay, this Pandorica thingy, last time we saw you, you warned us about it after we climbed out of the Byzantium." Amy's sentence made me look at her, River only shaking her head with a smile.

"Spoilers." Is all River replied, making Amy look more confused.

"No, but you told the Doctor you'd see him again when the Pandorica opens." Amy explained.

River walked about the Stonehenge as I leaned against one of the rocks watching the two. "Maybe I did, but I haven't yet. But I will have..." She told Amy as her eyes widened at some of the readings. "Doctor, I'm picking up fry particles!" She yelled at the Doctor who was walking around scanning everything with his screwdriver.

"They're everywhere! Energy weapons discharged on this site." River shouted, messing with her small device.

"If the Pandorica is here, it contains the mightiest warrior in history. Now, half the galaxy would want a piece of that. Maybe even fight over it." I watched with furrowed brows as the Doctor suddenly had his ear on the rock as if listening to it. "We need to get down there." He stood up looking at the rock which was placed on the ground.

"And how are we supposed to do that?" Amy scoffed out a laughed, trotting over to where the Doctor stands thinking to himself.

Both him and Amy faced away from me, while River was looking in my direction with a knowing gleam in her eye. I smirked at the look she gave me, taking a breath.