One: Doctor? Doctor Who?

"WE THANK YOU, Guardians, for putting your lives on the line

"WE THANK YOU, Guardians, for putting your lives on the line." The High Priestess Ayesha announced. "We could not risk the lives of our own Sovereign citizens."

I crossed my arms raising a brow at the woman who was completely gold in all physical manners possible. Hair, skin, eyes, clothes, yadda, yadda, yadda, literally everything, she even sat on a golden throne. What a bunch of conceited douchebags.

The High Priestess hired us to kill an intergalactic monster who was trying to feed off some really valuable batteries that the Sovereign owned. Apparently, their own citizens were far too important to deal with an issue such as that.

Of course, we only killed the beast for a fair pay. I was knocked out of my thoughts a few minutes later by the High Priestess flirting with Peter, and Peter flirting right back.

I snickered, shaking my head at his idiocy. There was obviously some unspoken romance going on between him and Gamora, and Gamora already didn't like Ayesha as it was. I watched standing in the back of the group, laughing silently when Gamora shot a glare Peter's way.

Peter flinched, realizing what he was doing and immediately stopped talking. Taking charge, Gamora walked closer to the throne, a snarl painted across her lips.

"Oh please, your people promised something in exchange for our services. Bring it, and we shall gladly be on our way." I mentally high-fived Gamora for putting the golden bitch in her place.

Ayesha was silent, but she nodded to one of her servants who quickly brought out a prisoner. The prisoner struggled as she was forced to her knees, me looking to figure draped in raggedy robes curiously.

My eyes widened when they pulled back the hood, revealing the prisoner to be Nebula, Gamora's adoptive sister. Peter awkwardly cleared his throat waving his hands around. "Family reunion. Yay." He cheered, me nudging him shaking my head 'no'.

Long story short, Nebula was a half robotic human-alien who was raised alongside Gamora by Thanos. Both her and Gamora were incredible warriors, the two trained by Thanos himself to be the ultimate weapons.

"Do with her as you please." The High Priestess waved us away, Gamora wasting no time in forcing her sister out of the castle.

Peter gave a small bow, smiling to the golden ruler. "We thank you, High Priestess Ayesha." I rolled my eyes at him, thinking the Sovereign was no more than high-class bitches.

Just as Peter turned to walk away, the High Priestess spoke. "What is your heritage, Mr. Quill?" The question rolled off her golden lips in a casual fashion, one of her eyebrows perked.

Swallowing, Peter answered in a tight voice. "My mother is from Earth." Ayesha tilted her head.

"And your father?" Her brows furrowed as if she was trying to read him.