Thirty-Nine: The Curse

Sometimes in life, we do things that we aren't proud of

Sometimes in life, we do things that we aren't proud of. Some of us have memories that would scar others, some of us have a past so dark that people would run away screaming when they saw the things going on in your head.

My secrets, my memories, my past, it was all hidden away by my red door. That red door was open, and I can't close it. It's only a matter of time before my past catches up to me once again. Because some things in life cannot be erased no matter how hard you fight.

I learned that exactly two-hundred and two years ago, the day Aleksander and I decimated the planet Viola.

________
________

Surtur wanted them extinct. He wanted the entire species of Viola extinct, for they were attempting to reach out to the Shadow Proclamation about the crimes committed by Muspelheim.

Even if Viola was able to reach the Shadow Proclamation in time, they couldn't so much. The Nine Realms was one of the only parts in the Universe that the Shadow Proclamation had no say in. The most the Shadow Proclamation could do would be to send back up to some planets in hopes that it would stop Muspelheim.

Other than that, all the nine realms were under the protection of Asgard and its people. There was nothing to be done.

Surtur knew this, but he was annoyed that Viola had the audacity to even try and go to them. And so, like clockwork, he sent his two children to take care of the issue.

Before Persephone and Aleksander left, Surtur and Aleksander spoke privately. They spoke about a matter that was to do with Persephone, a matter which Persephone had no clue about.

You see, Persephone had always physically looked more like Surtur where her brother had always looked more like his mother. However, when it came to personality traits, that was not the case. Surtur and Aleksander were identical in their sadistic hateful nature.

Persephone, on the other hand, had received too much of her mother's personality in Surtur's opinion. He knew no matter how hard his daughter tried to keep it from him, that she was too soft. Too caring, as one may put it.

Surtur tried. Oh, did he try to teach his daughter how to be sadistic in nature, to be heartless. All he ended up doing was teaching her how to lie, how to lie to him about her feelings. No, even when he tried to teach her to be sadistic and lied pretending to take enjoyment in it, he could see right through her. She was his daughter, after all, he could see how much she disliked it.

Aleksander knew this as well, he was her twin. He tried along with his father to teach her the sadistic side of life. However, even though he was her twin, the closest person to her, he too reached nothing with her.

Finally, both males realized Persephone could not be changed by herself, and so that lead to the spell, or rather curse that they put her under. Yes, both did love her, in their own sick twisted way, but they still saw no problem in forcing the change within.