Thirty-Five: Where Arth Thou, Robin Hood?

"Okay, long story short, an old friend is trapped in a castle guarded by an actual dragon during the 1400's, I need your help

"Okay, long story short, an old friend is trapped in a castle guarded by an actual dragon during the 1400's, I need your help." River suddenly appeared next to me in my room, via vortex manipulator.

I jumped, just finishing off tying the laces of my boots. Turning to face the curly blonde woman, I placed my hands on my hips.

"Odin's name River, give me a warning next time." I breathed out, heart racing from the scare she gave me.

River Song didn't answer her eyes simply wandering over the engagement ring resting on my finger. She smirked, grabbing my hand to get a better look at the ring.

"Holy crap, the Doctor's not cheap, I'll tell you that. What is that? Gallifreyan markings?  This thing must've cost him a fortune!" River exclaimed, causing me to blush.

"It was his, um, mother's ring." I coughed out, River's eyes going huge at the information.

"Wow, he actually gave you something like that, shows how much he really loves you." My face went even hotter at that, myself praying that the Doctor, Amy, and Rory who were all waiting for me in the console room didn't decide to come barging in.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, already heard enough about it from Amy." I waved it off, shaking my head. "Gosh, you and Amy are so alike sometimes it's insane." River giggled at my words as if it were the funniest thing she'd heard.

"Oh..." She shook her head, hair bouncing. "You have no idea." I watched her curiously, seeing a soft look in her eyes. However, that was wiped away in an instant, River slapping her thighs as she stood up. "Enough of that, I need your help rescuing my friend, let's go." I shrugged standing next to her.

I felt guilty since my fiancé, Amy, and Rory were all waiting for me in the console room to go on an adventure. But I'd figure it had been quite a while since River and I went on one, besides she could have me here not even two seconds after we were gone.

"Okay, let's go." River grinned, grabbing my hand as she quickly typed in coordinates on her vortex manipulator.

With a push of a button bright white surrounded us, engulfing my vision to nothing but chaos. Barely a second had passed when it ended, River and I no longer standing in my room, but now in some field of sunflowers.

My eyebrows furrowed, my body turning on its own accord seeing nothing but what looks like a forest around us. Except for the forest didn't look like any average Earth forest, no, this one was quite literally gleaming. Practically sparkling.

Tilting my head, I looked at the beautiful forest in apprehension. "Ah," River took a sharp intake of breath, breathing out with a small smile. "The Enchanted Forest, lovely place to be." I followed River, the two of us trekking through the sunflowers and into the forest.

"Enchanted Forest?" I rose a brow of disbelief, River looking to me with a small smile.

"Yes," She drawled, looking around with wonder. "The Enchanted Forest is a magical place as some may call it, the leaves never fall, nor does it snow, and it's always Spring." River explained as we made our way through the glittery forest.