Nineteen: The Lodger

I blinked, looking around in amusement watching as the Doctor danced around the console holding his hand up as if it were a microphone mouthing the lyrics to 'This is the day'

I blinked, looking around in amusement watching as the Doctor danced around the console holding his hand up as if it were a microphone mouthing the lyrics to 'This is the day'. The Doctor shimmied his shoulders, while spinning and pressing buttons to the TARDIS at the same time.

I knew straight away he had gotten the song from the playlist the TARDIS made me.

He bounced around, not seeing me standing in the archway of the hallway. Folding my arms across each other, I leaned against the wall watching him with a smile.

"Timelord, what are you doing?" My voice cut across the music filled space causing for the Doctor to pivot around with a goofy grin shimming his shoulders at me.

Raising a brow, the Doctor began dancing closer to me making me laugh.

"Well you didn't wake up this morning 'cause you didn't go to bed
You were watching the whites of your eyes turn red..."

He sang along with the music, dancing closer to me making me jump off the wall approaching him shimming my shoulders a bit as well. I smirked at the Doctor's grin, both of us circling each other, the music seeming to push us into a much more cheerful mood.

"The calendar on your wall was ticking the days off
You've been reading some old letters
You smile and think how much you've changed..."

As he carelessly sang along to the song circling me with that damn smile of his, I finally took notice of his appearance. His floppy hair was messier than usual and his tweed jacket was nowhere to be found. I bit my lip, desperately stopping myself from admiring his button up bowtie wearing form.

Instead, to distract me from the cute alien, I began singing the words I knew all too well.

"All the money in the world couldn't buy back those days."

Our voices met in sync, the Doctor grinning when I joined him in dancing and singing. Slowly, I looked the Doctor in the eye pulling off the flight jacket allowing it to drop to the floor as I moved closer to him.

The Doctor watched me with a pleasant expression, and yet I noticed him swallow heavily, his Adam's apple bobbing.

"You pull back the curtain
And the sun burns into your eyes..."

I sang by myself, the Doctor and I now inches away still circling each other.

"You watch a plane flying
Across a clear blue sky..."

I brought my fingers up, dramatically motioning to my eyes causing the Doctor to laugh loudly.

"This is the day, your life will surely change
This is the day when things fall into place..."

The two of us sang loudly, the Doctor finally moving closer grabbing my hands in his and spinning me to him. I squealed when he leaned down placing a slobbery kiss on my cheek before spinning me away from him.