Twenty-Eight: Training

"Remind me why we're doing this again, father?" A thirteen aged looking Persephone asked her father as he stood coolly at the front of the training room

"Remind me why we're doing this again, father?" A thirteen aged looking Persephone asked her father as he stood coolly at the front of the training room. "I'm just going to lose to him, like always." Persephone glared at her proud looking twin.

Surtur, who for once was not in his giant demonic form, watched his argumentative daughter through narrowed eyes. The King of Muspelheim eyed his daughter slowly raising a brow.

Surtur refused to have weak children, and though his neither of children were weak, Aleksander was still stronger than Persephone in terms of hand to hand combat. It was deemed rare she ever beat Aleksander, and in his mind that was unacceptable.

"That attitude is exactly why you lose all the time," Surtur grunted toward his daughter who glared at her brother. "Stop glaring at your brother, you will be fighting him until you win. You are not allowed to leave until then."

Persephone gaped at her father's unfairness, all three of them knew the chances of her beating the older twin were at an all-time low. Aleksander didn't get beat, that was just fact.

"Father!" Persephone groaned, shaking her head at her mass-murderer of a father. "That is not fair, I'll never be able to beat Aleksander!" Aleksander smirked to himself, taking his sister's words as code for he was the alpha twin of the duo.

"Enough of your whining child! Life is not fair, you want to get out of here? Beat him once, and you're free to go." Persephone clenched her jaw, eyes narrowed as she watched Aleksander cockily saunter off to grab them both a bo staff.

The thing that frustrated Surtur the most was the fact that he knew his daughter was very much capable of beating her brother. The twins were essentially equal in terms of strength.

Yes, it was true Aleksander did have the upper hand in physical strength, but it was not too dramatic.

If Persephone pushed herself enough and held no fear toward her brother, she would be winning half of the battles they went into.

"Can we at least use our powers?" Persephone asked hopefully, if they were allowed to use powers it would give her a much better chance at beating Aleksander.

Both the twins had their own special set of skills as well as skills that were identical to the other. For example, both could fly, both held extreme strength, and both were almost as fast as a speeding bullet.

However, there were more skills they had of only their own. Aleksander was the God of Destruction, and so his specialty was anything concerning destruction. Psionic Energy along with mental manipulation was Aleksander's strongest suits. However, he preferred his mental manipulation as he enjoyed destroying people from the inside out.

Persephone, on the other hand, was the Goddess of Fire, therefore all her abilities spawned from one of the most destructive forces to come into creation.