Eighteen: Vincent and the Doctor

"Effie, for the last time, Pablo Picasso and Vincent Van Gogh are not the same people, get that conspiracy out of your head!"

"What about Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek? Was he related to them?"

"Why are you asking if a scientist and painter who are over a hundred years apart are related? How the hell do you even know who he is!"

The Doctor and I squabbled alike to an old married couple, Amy rolling her eyes in amusement at us. "Oh, shut it both of you. I'm curious as to why you brought me, you both are being so nice to me, why are you being so nice to me?" Barely anything the Doctor and I did got past Amy, she was too sharp.

"I'm always nice to you!" The Doctor exclaimed in an offended tone, pouting at Amy's laugh.

"Okay, but not like this, this is like crazy super nice. All these places you're taking us. Rio, Space Vegas, now this? I think it's suspicious." She joked, but the Doctor's eyes flashed in panic.

"What! No, there's nothing to be suspicious about!" Amy held her hands up in surrender looking at the Doctor oddly.

"Okay, I was just joking. Why aren't you?" The Doctor's reaction truly had made her suspicious now.

I zoned out as the two began listening to some dude explaining the painting of Van-douche or whatever his name was. However, one thing that the person giving the tour said caught my attention.

"Wait, so Van-douche killed himself?" I asked out loud, multiple people turning to me with a gasp, the Doctor and Amy's eyes widening.

"I beg your pardon?" The Doctor's hand was over my mouth so quickly, I think I got whiplash.

The Doctor scrambled to find an excuse, profusely apologizing. "I am so sorry, she has issues, she's mentally-insane!" He yelled, himself sounding even more insane than I.

I looked up at the Doctor with a raised brow as the attention of the crowd slowly turned away from us, Amy burning a bright pink. I figured I must have got the painter's name wrong, but made no attempts to learn what he was actually called.

When the attention was no longer on us, the Doctor turned to me shaking his head, but laughing a bit. "Effie, it's Van Gogh, his name is Van Gogh." He kissed the top of my head lovingly, before releasing my mouth from his hand.

Before I could reply, Amy had taken both our arms dragging us off to another painting of some sort of church. "Look! It's the actual one! The church!" She excitedly said, the Doctor sharing her enthusiasm.

"Yes, you can almost feel his hand painting it right in front of you." The Doctor admired the painting along with Amy, me simply sighing at the bland church.

I never did have an affiliation with art, it was never my thing really. Occasionally, I would admire the odd painting that Muspelheim had stolen from Asgard but that was about it.