Fourteen: Rio de Janeiro

Rory Williams

Rory Williams. A man who never existed. I hadn't known Rory for long, but in the short amount I did know him, he was nothing less of a hero.

Rory may have not been the Doctor, who has saved countless races, but Rory Williams had something special about him. Something most didn't have.

Rory cared.

Rory cared what happened to everyone, most people, including myself at times just let it happen. Rory was a good man, and it's a downright tragedy what happened to him.

He deserved so much more, he deserved the woman of his dreams, the life he always wanted with her. And yet here we were, the love of his life never even remembering that he lived because technically he never existed.

Now, the only ones to remember him were the Doctor and I because we were time travelers and Rory hadn't been in our lives long enough to be wiped.

The least Rory Williams deserved was to be remembered properly, and he wouldn't even get that.

With those thoughts on my mind, I shut off the blazing hot water to the shower taking a second just standing there dripping with wet.

Not feeling like taking the time to towel dry, I engulfed myself in quick flames, successfully drying every inch of my body including my hair.

I couldn't even bring myself to go into the console room, I wasn't capable of facing Amy who couldn't remember who own fiance. The guilt of it all would crush me.

Falling against the counter of the bathroom, tears streaked down my cheeks as I looked at myself in the mirror.

It should've been me to push the Doctor out of the way, I should have been the one shot. After all, chances are the blast wouldn't have killed me as it did Rory. Sniffling a bit, I quickly wiped away the tears pulling myself together.

Hobbling off into my bedroom my thoughts were consumed by Rory Williams. Amy Pond and Rory Williams, they truly were a match made in heaven and yet their story ended in tragedy.

'The Great Tragedy of Rory and Amy', it sounded just like a play.

Shutting the door to the bathroom behind me, I sluggishly maneuvered my way to the closet pulling a plain tank top and underwear on. Not even bothering to see if the Doctor and Amy were back, I shut off the lights crawling into bed.

I admired the way my room was drowned in inky blackness as I hugged my pillow, eyes screwing shut as I desperately wished for sleep to overcome me. That entire day I was already tired and pushed myself to the brink of exhaustion with all the running and emotional exertion.

Despite my earlier issue with not being able to sleep, all the exhaustion seemed to weigh down on me and sleep came rather easily. I must have been asleep for no more than thirty minutes when I woke up to the sound of the TARDIS doors opening and the Doctor and Amy's voice drifting in.