Chapter 3 Long Hard Road Out Of Hell

Start from the beginning

His goggles flash in the bright light and a horrified scream leaves your lips as you once again find your legs and keep running, ignoring the blinding pain resonating like a rough shake through your legs. Threatening to throw you off balance; lowering your chances to survive. Adrenaline is coursing freely through your veins, energizing every inch of your body and pushing it harshly to do the absolute best it can do to keep you alive. Long ago has it burnt through the sedatives and by the pounding heartbeat threatening to break your chest apart, it's safe to say your body is in sync with your mind.

So when you catapult yourself out of the woods and onto the bereft terrain of the sharp rocks, your eyes try to frantically find an escape route as you run along the sharp edge. There is a sizeable ravine on your left, torn apart by the river flowing on the very bottom of it, leading towards the horizon and dividing the two sides with a considerable length; it's not too far to be impossible to jump over, but it's enough to pose serious threat.

'Nowhere to run now gorgeous~!' a sing-song voice interrupts your thoughts and for the first time, your head snaps back to see Goggles still on your track but this time, he raises his hand and salutes you quickly, an aura of cockiness and malice coming off from him like waves hitting the shore. Behind him, Mask has just come out of the woods.

Turning right ahead again, you notice that the ravine is starting to end in the far distance.

You've got to do something now!

'FUCK YOU, WRONG TURN FREAK!!!'

Clenching your jaw with all your might, you turn sharply to the left and dash towards the end of the rocks. Without sparing even a single thought, you-

JUMP!

Peeing your pants, I repeat, you are currently peeing your pants because the solid and safe ground comes to an end and is replaced by the hazardous and wide gap of the ravine as your body ejects with all the power and velocity your run had given you towards the other side. And you are positively scared shitless as your brain farts and you dare to look down to the void prevailing underneath you; it's a hellishly long dive and the rocks are sharp and ready for you to crash on them like an egg and suddenly, this is the dumbest idea you even had in your entire life. Maybe you are crazy; no scratch that, you are definitely crazy beyond any level and if you survive this, you'll admit yourself into a mental institution. Oh boy!

Needless to say the screaming air combines with the pounding in your ears to cut off any other sounds, as your brain entirely freezes and time seems to stop for a single heartbeat; letting you hang in the air, other side of the ravine coming towards you rapidly and heart mysteriously feeling elevated and weightless as if you are but a feather that opposes gravity. Your inhale resonates in your ears and you can clearly see your h/l locks defying gravity and levitate around you like a waterfall, hands suspended in the air and feet still walking onto non-existent ground, bringing you closer and closer to the other side. You are reaching it! You are actually reaching it! This is it! You are safe, everything's gonna be fine, you'll escape these assholes and be gone from this nightmare. Honestly, this time you're going to move to Antarctica and nobody's gonna find you there. Oh, how pretty is the scenery, how pretty is nature as your body reaches the other side and with a fluid motion, your feet touch solid ground in an impact that shakes you violently and forces your knees to give out a little from the sheer force.

Inhale.

You're actually standing on the very edge of the cliff on the other side.

Exhale.

Sure you're a few inches away from the edge but you made it! Oh, your poor heart is beating so fast!

Inhale.