Chapter Twenty Six

LEVY

The car stops right outside of Madison's house and my heart is pounding. Every inch of my body hurts like hell. I never imagined they'd found them before I could arrive and never would I've thought I wouldn't find Madison in the apartment. Where was she after all? Where is she now? Did they hurt her too? What the fuck was she doing with Dylan though? How does he even fit in all of this?

"Out," orders me the man that was driving my Jeep when he opens the back door for me. I fight the pain and manage to get out from the car. Behind my van there are three other cars, including Dylan's black Mini -from where he's forced to get out too-. From the other two cars I see Wen coming with Alison asleep on his arms dressed on the same set of clothes she had when we got her out and then I see the strongest of them all carrying Madison asleep too.

"What did you do to her!" I shout attempting to go toward Madison but the man with me pulls me back from my arm causing me more pain and making me walk into the house. Once there, it's Gina's turn to panic.

"Oh my god! What happened to you?!" she says, covering her mouth when she sees me but instantly her attention goes to her daughter when she sees them entering with her, unconscious.

"Take them to the basement, I'll be keeping an eye on on these three," orders Wen.

"What did you do to my daughter, you bas..."

"Calm down Georgina," says Wen. "We sedated her so that she would cooperate, she's fine." Gina looks immediately at me and I made my best effort to shrug. I know as much as you do. Sean joins us then coming with a gown on and plastic gloves in his hands.

"Everything is set," he says to Wen and then dares to look at the man carrying Madison. "Is she okay?"

"Like you care," snaps Gina before Wen passes Alison to him. "I am sending Sarah to heal you up," she tells me and then just goes upstairs followed by Sean.

As Wen ordered they take us to the basement which is dusty and dark with just a single light bulb for the whole place. They place Madison on the only couch here which is old and then just leave us here. I glare at Dylan who just looks around. "Why don't you just tell me whatever you want to say?" he says grimacing from the pain when he manages to sit down on the floor. Anger fills me.

"Thank God they beat me up because I want to get the shit out of you so bad right now!" I say. He gulps. "How the hell did you..." from the million questions in my mind I can't get to spit one. "What the fuck were you doing with her?! From all the girls out there why would you go for her?" He's about to reply when Sarah joins us coming down with a first aid kit, sleeping bags and some other things.

"Where is she?" she asks worried as soon as she leaves everything on the floor.

"Asleep," I nod at the couch and she quickly runs to her and sweetly passes her hand over Madison's cheek. "Thank God you are alright," she whispers to her with relief and kisses her lovingly on her cheek before standing up. "I'm sorry I was just so worried for her," she apologizes cleaning the tears fighting to get out from her eyes and I nod forcing a smile.

"We all were," I say and she smiles nodding.

We find lots of bruises through all my torso and for what she tells me, in my back too. Dylan was badly injured too but God knows he deserved that. She puts some cream on our bruised bodies and bandages our torsos to then give us a pill to relieve the pain. "That might be enough for you to get through the night," she tells us and then gives us a sandwich to each other and some water; "You must be starving."

"Thank you Sarah," I say and she nods smiling.

"Try to get some rest," she says sweetly before she looks at Madison one last time and leaves.

I rest my head on the back part of the couch Madison is in and close my eyes when I get to take the first bite of the sandwich that tastes like heaven for being the only thing I've eaten in the whole day. "I saw her when I was entering the building," I hear Dylan saying and I roll my eyes even though he can't see them.

"I don't want to hear it," I say biting my sandwich.

"I am telling you either way," he dares to say and I open my eyes to look back at him serious. "I pushed that freaking door and she was right there. Those beautiful green eyes staring right into mine for what seemed to be an eternity. She apologized for standing behind the door and then just left."

"And she became part of your game," I complete.

"Man, I didn't know she was your friend..."

"You didn't noticed she was living in my fucking apartment?" I say and he sighs.

"How the hell was I supposed to know that at first? I met her at the park Levy, not your apartment. She acted like she was hard to get and you know that pulls me more," he says. "I know I'm sick for trying to prove to myself I would got her eventually, but I couldn't get her off my mind. She's so gorgeous and different, I couldn't just let her go."

"You think I don't know that?" I say, "I am her friend, I'm not blind."

"That's not what..."

"She's beautiful I'm sure as hell about that. That woman won the genetic lottery. I know that and she knows it too even if she doesn't want to admit it. Everyone with a pair of eyes could know that, you are not the only one that can see or have said that," I say, "and you are not the only one that has tried to get her. There's a whole line of guys in love with her beauty out there and forget about that, that they're in love with the absolutely incredible person that she is. Your advantage was that you found her in the worst possible moment of her life."

"I know."

"No, you don't know shit," I interrupt him. "She has had a hell of a life. Starting from the moment she was born. She was a fucking experiment for God's sake! She's not the strong woman she pretends to be, Dylan. You don't know even the slightest thing of her. Don't come here and try to prove me wrong because you have only known her for a week and believe me when I say that's not her. Because I'm sure as hell she wouldn't even thought for a moment in dating you," when I finish my breathing is agitated and my heart is pounding for the anger.

"What do you want me to then?" he asks and I sigh thinking for an answer.

"I could say I really want you as far from her as possible," I say, "but it's her call, not mine."

"You are on the same page as her then," he says and I look at him, "I fucked it up, man. Badly, I should have warn her that they found me, that there was someone chasing her, but I swear I didn't know what was going on. I didn't even had a hint. They threaten my family, what else was I supposed to do?" I gulp when I see his hurt eyes and I swear he better not be acting, "I know I'm fucked up but I swear I would have never do that in purpose."

"Convince her, not me," I finally say. "Make her listen to you and see what's what she wants to do. If you love her as much as you are trying to make me believe, prove it to her. If you make her, at least the slightest happy, stay with her. It would be selfish of me to ask you otherwise."

"You must really love her if you are willing for her to stay with someone like me."

"You're not that bad, Dylan," I reply. "I don't accept how you choose to act but you are not a bad person."

"Try and tell everyone that," he says sighing.

"Just pull your cool guy side out again and they would see it," I say. "The world is already full of dumbasses."

EDITED BY:

THAT WAS ALL FOR TODAY YOU GUYS! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT! HAVE YOU NOTICE THE COVER CHANGED? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT LIKE IT OR DID YOU PREFER THE PAST ONE?

WHAT DO YOUTHINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT? MAKE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW AND VOTE IF YOU LIKE IT!

Read you later.

-MF. Hernandez

Next Chapter: November 23rd, 2018