Chapter Twenty Nine

GEORGINA

As soon as we get back into the court room, the interrogations begin. Four doctors involved before the conception of the children reply to questions about the genetic modifications of Madison and Alison. It's nothing extremely relevant for the witnesses or us but neccesary for the judge to understand from the beginning.

"The court calls Dr. Raymond Vanderbilt to the podium," the guard calls and the man stands up. He is the one in charge of all the laboratories globally. A strict man, serious and intimating. From the look in his eyes I can say he is not happy to be here and the only thing I can think of is that it is for the money he is losing. "Say your name and age for the record," orders the guard once he has made him swear to tell the truth and climb to the podium.

"Raymond Vanderbilt, fifty six years old," he replies and then takes a seat.

"Lawyer, you can proceed." The judge gives the turn to Clarisse and she nods approaching the doctor.

"Doctor Vanderbilt, could you tell us what do you do for a living?"

"I am the man in charge of the Global Investigation Centre," he replies proudly.

"Did you found it?"

"My father, Dr. Nicholas Vanderbilt, did." He moves on the chair to stay as far as he can from Clarisse.

"Your Centre is in charge of the experiments in children. Is that correct?" He nods.

"What was the purpose for the creation of this experiments?"

"Objection!" interrupts Wen's lawyer.

"Accepted. Mrs. Blanchard we know the Centre's history," says the judge.

"Of course your honor. I shall rephrase my question. Do you consider that your father's purpose is still present during the investigations in these children?"

"Yes."

"Are you still practicing your investigation labor?"

"Occasionally."

"What are the usual activities you perform in the Centre?"

"I give the permits to the labs for experimentation."

"Does that mean you approve the tests that are needed to be performed in these kids?"

"Indeed."

"How do you know what tests to give each child?"

"Each lab has its own specialization. Therefore each test has to be within the range of experimentation."

"Could you tell us what is it that is test on Dr. Wen Hoffman's lab?"

"Resistance," he replies without hesitation.

"What kind of resistance?" she asks.

"It can be of any kind," he replies, "whether physical, immunological, neurological, emotional, environmental. Sometimes it involves more than one."

"What kind of resistance is tested on Alison?"

"Mainly physical and immunological."

"Does the children that Dr. Hoffman uses have any kind of disease?"

"No. Although, they could get one through any test."

"What happens if a child designed for this kind of experiments gets sick? Are they obligated to treat the child's disease?"

"No."

"Why do they not treat the disease?"

"They need many resources that could be invested on new experiments."

"Does that involve a new child?"

"Yes."

"What happens with the child that gets sick in this particular case?"

"It's released."

"Like it happened with Madison..."

"Objection your Honor! We are not judging Madison's situation."

"Accepted... Mrs. Blanchard do you have any further questions?"

"Yes, your Honor," replies Clarisse adjusting her suit. "Does the word 'released' implies that the child could continue with his or her life outside of the laboratory?"

"No."

"What happens with the kid then? He dies?"

"Yes," replies the man the most inexpressive he can.

"That is all your Honor," says Clarisse returning to her seat next to me.

The room is in absolute silence. Even though everyone here knows what happens once the experiment fails, it's hard to believe that the children die because of something that most of the time could've been avoided.

EDITED BY: JadeFoliage

THAT'S ALL FOR TODAY GUYS! I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS FIRST FRACTION OF THE TRIAL. I AM SORRY IT WAS TOO SHORT BUT FOR NOW ON MUST OF THE CHAPTER ARE GOING TO BE DIALOGUES SINCE THEY'RE INTERROGATIONS SO I HOPE YOU LIKE THEM!

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND VOTE!

Read you later.

-MF. Hernandez

Next Chapter: December 14th, 2018.