Chapter Thirty Two

GEORGINA

Right when I finish combing my hair into my usual bun, I find Sean's reflection in the mirror staring at me. Would we fight? Is he going to ask about the trial? Probably. Despite knowing there's no way out of this. I adjust the dress I am wearing, trying to ignore his presence till his hands are on my waist.

"You look beautiful," he says. A lump forms in my throat. How much time has it been since he told me that for the last time? Ten years? He turns me around. I find the unique green color of his eyes. Those eyes drove me crazy when I was Madison's age; the way they shine, so intense and bright. I gulp. "What happened with us?" he asks in a very low voice. We are closer than what we have ever been in years. One of his hands caresses my cheek a little and the other does the same on my arm.

"Apart from all of this?" I say, spreading my hands.

"We have what we'd always wanted," he replies and I can't recognize even a small fragment of the man in front of me.

"I never wanted any of this Sean... you did," I reply, stepping back. My husband's hands drop. I am not even able to read his expression. "My mistake was helping you."

"I gave you a family, Georgina... that was what you wanted," he says. I let out a little laugh without believing what I just heard.

"A family?" I say, surprised. "This is not a family, Sean."

"A daughter."

"Madison?" I ask. "How can you say that when you are not even capable of looking at her in the eye? Or showing her love in any way. I didn't want this... none of it."

I turn around again to look at the mirror while I put on a pair of earrings. His eyes follow my movements. "We had to give up on so many things," he says looking at my reflection. I turn around again to look at him right before Teo appears at the door.

"I did. I gave up on everything for you. What did you do?" A tear involuntarily leaves my eyes and he just gulps. I look at Teo who just stands there awkwardly, suffocating from the tension that is filling the air.

"Ma'am, they are looking for you," he says, uncomfortable. I clean the tears from my face and nod glancing at Sean one last time before following him to the principal door.

It must be the psychologist that the judge sent. She came earlier, exactly one hour for the time we accorded to.

When we get to the entrance I notice no one has arrived earlier, but I wasn't expecting this visit. "Hello Mrs. Wrestler!" I am greeted with excitement by Madison's friends; Jessica and Anne. They both carry boxes and flowers. Along with them comes a young, blond and handsome man that I swear I have never seen before.

"Hello girls, I didn't know Madison was expecting you two," I say confused. It's not a good moment to have visitors. What was she thinking?

"Actually that's the point, she doesn't know we are here," Anne explains hurriedly.

"This is Sam," says Jessica pushing the guy to the front. Sam. Madison's boyfriend? Or that's what I thought before meeting Dylan...

"You see Mrs. Wrestler..." he begins to say nervous. "Prom is coming up this Saturday and I was wondering if maybe I could take your daughter."

I stare blankly. Is Madison really graduating this Saturday? What else am I missing? I look at her friends confused and both of them smile at me nodding. "I guess... you'll have to ask her?" I say without really knowing what else to reply.

"That's why we are here," Anne says excited making me feel like a fool and opens the box she has on her hands. A little golden and fluffy puppy pops out of it. She always wanted a dog. "There's no way she's saying no."

"I bet she will be delighted!" Wen appears surprising us from behind faking excitement, way too much for being him. "Teo, please guide these guys to the back garden."

"Thanks, Mr. and Mrs. Wrestler," says the young man awkwardly before Teo guides them out.

"I believe our girl deserves some fun. Don't you think so?" he says proudly showing me a half smile sitting down on the living room's couch and then telling me to join him on the other couch next to him.

"She is not our girl," I reply annoyed sitting down.

"Well, I am pretty sure she is mine," he says raising his eyebrows.

"Biologically possibly, but she hasn't been yours since a long time ago."

"Till the clauses of the contract are infringed, then the custody of the child gets back to her biological guardian or parent," he smiles. The words hit me. Until now, I haven't even thought of the contract of Madison's custody.

"You can't-"

"Of course I can, it's clearly stated... you signed it yourself," he interrupts. "Obviously I suppose you thought about this all before you decided to begin with this, didn't you? It would be something really bad to hurt your daughter that way... for a child that doesn't have anything to do with you," he explains, enjoying it. "Perhaps I will take her back with me to England. It would be good for her to be in a new place. A fresh start."

"Wen-!"

"Please don't worry, you don't have to tell her anything yet. I will make sure to let her know personally."

EDITED BY: JadeFoliage

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! I HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL TIME WITH YOUR FAMILIES CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS AND I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST! HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE TOO! THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER FOR THE YEAR SO I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!

MAKE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW AND VOTE IF YOU LIKE IT! SEE YOU IN 2019, CAN'T WAIT SO SEE WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS!

Read you later.

-MF. Hernandez

Next Chapter: January 4th, 2019.