Chapter Twenty Seven

MADISON

I wake up on a extremely soft and old, dirty sofa. There's a small yellow light bulb in the center of the place's ceiling that gives very little light. The basement. Am I home? When did I get here? I sit how I can and instantly everything begins to spin making me dizzy.

"Madison," I hear someone says before Dylan and Levy appear in front of me. Am I sleeping?

I think one of them touches me, I am not sure. But that's enough for me to fall unconscious.

Someone pats me on my cheek and little by little I begin to wake up to someone calling my name. "Madison," I open my eyes finding my mother's face right in front of me. Dylan and Levy each on each side of her.

"I'm sorry," it's all I manage to say starting to cry the moment I decide to open my mouth. She pulls me in a strong hug sitting beside me and that's all I need to let out everything I've been holding for days now.

"You did it great, you did it really great," she whispers through my ear without letting me go while I just cry hard. "I'm so glad that you are okay."

When she finally lets go I look at the guys. Both paled and beaten for my fault. "Are you okay?" I ask them. They smile.

"Under house arrest but relatively fine," replies Levy. I look at my mother.

"Wen wants to keep an eye on all of you and he isn't letting you go for the moment, " she explains.

"Alison?" I ask immediately.

"She's fine," she replies with a comprehensive smile. "I supposed you were going to feed her better than just candies but she is really fine," she says standing up without letting go off my hand and I let out a small laugh before someone calls her name from upstairs and she's forced to leave.

"What happened in LA?" I ask Levy who sits down immediately next to me when I finally get to sit down.

"Your mother called me. Someone needed to let you know that they saw both of you in the city," he explains. "Obviously I thought I was going to find you in the apartment but instead, I found them."

"Why did they beat you?"

"Well, when they were looking for you I told them I took you to Las Vegas and stayed with my lie till Alison decided to tell them the truth," he says and then his eyes wander between Dylan and me. He shows a mocking smile. "Now... what happened in LA?" he asks raising his brows and I sure that in any other moment I would've blushed for that but now I just want to disappear.

"We met," Dylan says getting me to look at him and he looks away.

"We met," I repeat seriously trying to keep Levy out from our mess but he laughs instead.

"Does that mean that I'm here as a third wheel?" he says. "Maybe I could call Jessica and be even?"

"No man she'll drive us crazy," Dylan replies this time and I suppress my laugh. She is honkey-dory and Levy is somehow the same way. Put them together and they are the most cloying thing on earth.

"I won't let you talk of my girl that way, I am out," he say standing up and locking himself in the small bathroom of the basement to run away from the awkward moment in which he leaves us. He must already know what happened and is just trying to play with me.

Dylan sits down next to me and I stick my legs and arms to my body, just like a cochineal would do, to protect myself from him and his reach. "Madison," he says when he notices my strategy and I look away finding in one corner of the room, the old plastic games that used to be in the enormous garden when I was young. If someone ever wanted to find Levy or me back then, there's where we were always at. When I just tried to live a normal life.