#34: Macha Levay-Fitzgilbert

Macha Levay-Fitzgilbert (Bassist of Blonde Ivory)

The phone rings twice before I hear the upbeat voice of my brother pickup. He says something to somebody else, probably Lin, before he greets me with a loud 'hello, sunshine'. I try immediately to change my aura by letting out a low snort. I open my bedroom door and lean my ear up against the bathroom door to make sure the shower is still running.

"You still there?" He asks. His voice is suddenly serious. I nod, forgetting momentarily that he can't see me.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm just making sure nobody can hear me." I murmur. I walk back to my bedroom and shut the door silently, careful not to wake Shiloh or Kasey. "Can I... talk to you?" I ask. It's his turn to snort, but he misses the queue.

"Of course you can, Macha. I'm your brother." His voice is serious and low. "Are you in trouble?" He asks. I sigh and lay down on my bed.

"No, I'm just pregnant, and I don't know what to do." I mutter. He stays silent on the other end, before I hear the phone being passed to someone else. "Hello?" I pipe up when the line remains silent for a second too long.

"Hey, baby." Lin greets me with an even more serious tone than Bran's. "Bran said that I'd be better suited to give you advice." I nod slowly.

Wetness leaves my eyes, but I don't bother wiping it. I place my hand gently on my stomach where there hasn't been much change. The doctor says the baby is growing, but my stomach most certainly is not. I still look the same. My old clothes still fit. It's as if nothing has changed aside from the fact that my periods have ceased to exist. Much like my comprehensibility at this point in time.

"Yeah, I just don't know what to do, Dad. I know that I'm supposed to make responsible decisions now that I'm pregnant, but I'm scared." He breathes heavily on the other side of the phone.

"Macha..." He clears his throat, "There's actually somebody else who I think will be even more suited to give you advice." I raise an eyebrow. Is it possible that there is a person in this world who is better at advice than Lin? Not from my experience.

Before I can say a word, the phone is being passed around again. I sit in silence and wait for whoever is supposed to be the genius at giving advice to speak. I don't even want a genius. I want Lin or Bran. I want the people who care about me to speak to me. I want them to tell me what I should do.

"Hey, baby," the woman's voice shocks me so bad that my mind goes completely blank for a second. I forget how to speak. "Are you still there?" Her voice changes from a Chick-Fil-A customer service voice to her usual loud, careless voice.

"No." I mutter. Despite me saying this shortly, I remain on the line.

She clicks her tongue a few times. I stare up at the ceiling, my finger hovering over the end call button. My mind remains cloudy. My brain doesn't give my mouth anything to work with, so I'm forced into silence.

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to speak to right now... But if you trust Bran and Lin, then you trust that they gave me the phone for a reason." She sighs.

I roll my eyes at this statement. Though she has never bothered to hide it, I know she hates how obvious her jealousy of Bran and Lin is. I stay silent while a small, half-smile develops on my face.

"You haven't ended the call yet, Macha," Her thick, cork accent rings through the phone again, "... so I'm taking that as a queue to keep talking." Keeping to her word, she goes off on a tangent. I find it hard to believe she can speak so long without a break to catch her breath.