Chapter Twenty-Nine: Shiloh Levitksy

Shiloh Levitsky (Lead Singer of Blonde Ivory)

"Alright, alright, so let me get this straight, Bushka..." My father looks up from his peppermint tea and adjusts the wire glasses on his nose, "You think that you could possibly have feelings for a boy you were supposed to be in a fake relationship with?" I shake my head in my hands and sit down in the chair across from him.

"Oh, no, Papa. I am positive that I have feelings for him." His gaze remains stagnant at my words. "Can you tell me what I should do?" I hear multiple footsteps coming down the hall and turn to see my mother and Sodom.

"Oh, Mommy," Sodom speaks up when she makes eye contact with me and realization settles on her features, "I forgot to tell you that Shiloh has gotten herself into quite the predicament." I sigh at her words.

My mom walks over to me with her hands up. I recognize the motion immediately. She is ready to cup my cheeks and ask me what is wrong. I take a step toward her to shorten the distance, and she does just as I expected.

"It is not as though I wanted this to happen. It just sort of did, and now I need to think of a way to get out of it." She turns to my father who seems more than content in staying out of it and putting a dent into his tea.

"Grigoriy, you can get her out of any legal trouble, right?" She turns back to me with great urgency and grips my face tighter. I try to pull away, but she has managed to get a tight grip. "What did you do, Shiloh? Did you violate your contract? Did you hurt someone?" I shake my head.

"No, Mommy." Before I can explain myself, my father speaks for me.

"Oh no. Hardly any trouble at all, if we are all being honest here. She just thinks she has feelings for one of the boyband kids." My mother sits down across from my father; into the seat I was once sitting in. I hold in a sigh and sit down in the seat beside her. Sodom invites herself into the chair beside our dad.

"No way. I thought Shiloh swore off boys." I rest my elbows on the table and my head in my hands at her words.

"Mom, there is a difference in swearing off boys and suffering from a broken heart." Both of my parents scoff at this. Sodom lets out a slight giggle before placing a hand around her mouth.

My dad looks at her for a few seconds with an emotionless face. She mutters out an apology against her hand. He gives one, singular nod before turning his attention back to my mother.

"This is no where near as big as me having to prove that Sodom punched that girl in self-defense. Suspension from school is a far bigger problem to me than Shiloh getting her heartbroken in a fake relationship." His dull tone manages to echo throughout the kitchen even though it does not possess much volume.

My mother nods slowly and places her hand on mine. "But Papa... What if you fell in love with Mommy, and she had not reciprocated those feelings because she was pregnant with the baby of the man she was in love with?" He waves me off as he takes a sip of his tea.

"Quite obvious, Bushka. If your mother had no intention of being with me and was in love with another man, I would have moved on. There is little point on dwelling on what is never going to happen. There are seven billion people in the world besides your mother that I could have had an easier time pursuing." I look at my mother who seems unbothered by his harsh words.

"You would not have fought for her? Even if you knew that you could have the life you are having with her now?" I ask.

My heart races in my ears. My father looks at me, still emotionless. It bothers me just how unbothered he is. It makes me feel as though I am the one being unreasonable.