We Walk The Plank On A Sinking Ship (Patrick's POV)

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"We did it," I said. "We have the perfect family."

"I could not agree more," Pete smiled. "Jackson is absolutely perfect."

"Everyone of our kids is," I smiled. "Now, while we're at it, we should fill out all the stuff about Jackson."

"Good idea," Pete said.

I handed Jackson back to Pete, then went over to the table where the doctor had set the paperwork. It was just typical things, like: date of birth, time, name, and things like that. I grabbed the papers, then a pen, and went and sat back down on Pete's bed. He had scooted over, so now both of us could sit/lay together on the bed. I took my place next to him, kissing his cheek, then getting started on all the paperwork.

"Date of birth," I said.

"Easy," Pete smirked. "August eighth, two thousand and fourteen." (that works, kay? I don't know xD) I knew the answer to every question, but it's more fun when Pete and I are doing it together.

"Time of birth," I said. 

"That, I don't know. I was a little out of it," Pete chuckled. 

"Jackson was born at 4:35," I smiled. 

"4:35," Pete smiled back. 

"Name," I said. 

"Hm, I don't know about that one," Pete smirked. "That's a hard one."

"I don't know about you, but I'm liking the name Jackson Lucas," I said. 

"Hm, I think I can live with it," Pete laughed, stopping a few seconds afterward and groaning.

"Be careful, babe," I said. "Okay, weight."

"I don't know that either," he said. 

"The nurse told me when he was born," I said. "He's eight pounds, two ounces."

"He's still perfect," Pete smiled, kissing Jackson's forehead.

"And lastly, height," I smiled. "and before you say you don't know, I'll just tell you. He was twenty-one inches."

Pete smiled at me as I put the paperwork back on the table, then I turned back and faced Pete and Jackson. I put my arms around Pete, then held Jackson's little hand in mine again. We stayed that way for a little while, then Pete eventually let me hold Jackson again. A few more minutes after that, Pete dozed off, which didn't surprise me at all. He needed his rest anyway, especially after the long day we've had.

-------------------------------

 After an hour or so, there was a small knock at the door - just loud enough to wake Pete up. I felt bad, but then I got up and opened the door, Jackson still in my arms. Joe, Andy, Jaimee, and Ethan stood there, smiling at me, then the little baby in my arms. Pete was the first to say something when I let them all in.

"Hey guys!" he smiled. "Come here!" he said, motioning to Jaimee and Ethan. He wrapped his arms around them, then let them go. 

"How ya feelin', man?" Joe asked. 

"Sore, but good enough," Pete joked. 

"Well, judging by the looks of this kid, you did good," Andy smiled, motioning to Jackson in my arms. 

"Speaking of which, do Jaimee and Ethan want to meet their little brother?" Pete smiled. 

"Yes!" Jaimee said as she smiled.

"Can I?" Ethan asked. 

"Of course!" I smiled, sitting down on the edge of Pete's bed again. Jaimee and Ethan sat on either side of me and took hold of Jackson's little hands.

"He's so cute," Jaimee smiled at him, making Pete and I smile. 

"I can't wait to teach him how to play Legos!" Ethan said, making everyone in the room laugh. I didn't know there was a specific way to play Legos, but hey, seven year old logic is great. 

"Can I hold him?" Jaimee asked.

"Of course," I smiled again, gently putting Jackson in Jaim's arms. She smiled at him, playing with his little hand. I looked over at Pete, who smiled at me, then returned his glance to Jaimee and Jackson. 

 "Can I hold him too?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah, little man," I smiled, picking him back up and setting him back on the bed, then Jaimee gently handed Jackson to me. I explained to Ethan that he needed to support the baby's head, then I gently put Jackson in his arms. 

"He really is cute," Ethan said, making us smile. 

It really just warmed my heart, you know? I mean, seeing your other kids - well, two of your other kids - holding the newest addition to the family just makes me smile. I couldn't be happier right now. I'm so glad that Pete's okay, that Jackson's okay, and that just about everyone else is here to see all of us. Definitely the perfect family now. 

Everything feels complete