Another Bad Poem (Jack's POV)

Well, Emily and I just walked into our house, and I still haven't said a word to her since that night we found out she miscarried. I can't find anything to say to her. I'm hurt she didn't tell me. Why couldn't she? I don't understand. I'm hopelessly confused and hurt. My own wife couldn't tell me she was pregnant. I wouldn't have been mad, I wouldn't have been upset. I would have been incredibly happy! She's my wife and she would have been carrying my child! How could I not be happy about that? I just don't know what to say.

"Jack, can we please talk about this? You haven't said a thing since like two nights ago," Emily said, dropping her bags onto the living room floor.

"What's there to even talk about?" I asked.

"Everything that happened," she said.

"From my understanding, you couldn't tell me you were pregnant for nearly three weeks, and then we go to the hospital and find out you had a freaking miscarriage," I said, dropping my bags onto the floor too.

"Don't you even want to know why I couldn't tell you?" she asked.

"I don't think anything you say could change how I feel right now," I said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked, putting her hands on her hips. 

"It means that I need time to myself right now," I said. 

"You haven't said anything for two days! Hasn't that been enough 'time' to yourself?" she asked, raising her voice slightly. 

"Apparently not if I said I need time for myself!" I said, raising my voice too.

"Why the hell can't you just hear what I have to say?" she asked.

"Because I'm not exactly sure I'd believe it," I said.

"When have I ever lied to you?" she asked.

"Well, you didn't tell me you were freaking pregnant!" I said.

"But that's not lying. I just didn't tell you!" she retorted. 

"It's basically the same thing! You were keeping it from me either way!" I said.

"I couldn't tel you!" she said.

"You're only fucking proving my point even more!" I yelled. 

"Why are you yelling at me?!" she yelled back, tears threatening to escape her eyes.

"You don't understand how I feel right now! You don't know how hurt I am that my own wife couldn't even tell me she was pregnant! You don't know, you don't know, you don't know!" I shouted. "And you never will because I don't want to fucking share our god damn feelings right now! It's not even worth it! I'm hurt, you're hurt. Let's call it a fucking day!"

"Jack," she whispered through her tears. "Fine. I don't need this bullshit. I'm going home. Call me when you fucking man up."

Emily grabbed her purse and her suitcase, then walked out the door, slamming it behind her loudly, I groaned as I fell onto the couch, then rubbed my face with my hands. A few seconds later, I heard the door open.

"Whoa," Alex's voice echoed through the room. "What the hell just happened?"

"You don't want to fucking know," I groaned again.

"I think it'd be better if you talked about it," Alex sat next to me on the couch. "Come on, tell your best friend what's going onnnn."

"Alright," I let out a little chuckle. "Basically, about two days ago, Em got up like at three in the morning. She started freaking out and it woke me up. I went over to her and asked her what was up. There was blood where she was laying, and of course, I assumed the obvious, but she said she wasn't on her period, so I got a little scared. She told me she was having these horrible pains in her lower stomach and her lower back. I took her to the hospital, then after like two and a half hours of tests, the doctor comes back and tells Emily and I that she had a miscarriage. I didn't even fucking know she was pregnant! Alex, she had been pregnant for nearly three weeks and she hadn't told me! How do you think that makes me feel? Anyway, I'm assuming you saw her barge out of the house. We just got into a huge fight and now she's going to stay with Pete and Patrick and all of them."

"Damn," Alex said. 

"Tell me about it," I sighed. "Like, did she even think about how I'd feel in all of this?"

"Apparently not," Alex said. 

"This is the first time I've spoken to her in two days," I said. "and look where that got us."

"Just give it a few days," Alex said. "Things will calm down eventually."

"Yeah, between her and I they will, but once Pete and Patrick find out, they're going to be having me for dinner," I said.

"Just give it a while," Alex said, resting his hand on my shoulder. "Just take your time and wrap your head around all of this. Maybe you and Emily can talk it out in a few days."

"All I can do is try," I sighed. "Thanks man."

"Anything for my best friend," Alex said.