And So It Begins (Jack's POV)

"You ready to, babe?" I asked Emily, who was grabbing her purse.

"Yeah," she smiled as she sighed.

"Then let's go see our babies for the last time before they're born," I smiled, taking her hand in mine and walking to the vehicle.

We hopped in, then we drove off to the clinic one last time. Emily and I both knew that this was the day we'd be told she had to go on bed rest, and I knew she wasn't happy about it, but it was for the safety and well-being of our twins. She knew that, but she still wasn't happy about it. I told her I'd have her back in it all, and I definitely plan to keep that promise.

After ten minutes, we pulled into the parking lot and hopped out. I had to help Em - and she hates that - because her stomach was getting so big that she was having troubles. We walked into the clinic hand in hand, then I had Emily go sit down, while I let the person behind the desk know we were here.

"Dude, I get like really bad déjà vu whenever we come here," Emily laughed as I say down by her.

"Me too, but at least this is the last time we have to come here," I said.

"True, but then bed rest," she sighed. "Totally not looking forward to that."

"I know, babe, but you know I'm going to help you all the time, whenever you need it," I smiled, taking her hand in mine.

"I love you so much," she smiled, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Emily?" a lady came out of the door.

"Here!" Emily smiled, getting up.

Her and I followed the lady back into the hallways, then she led us to the same room we were always in the past two times. She said that our doctor would be with us in a few, then she smiled and left, closing the door behind her. Em and I waited for five minutes at least, then our same doctor came in, hugging both of us.

"So, how's everything been?" she asked, sitting on her stool.

"Can't really complain," Emily chuckled. "Just the sore back, annoyingly large stomach, and then my amazingly helpful husband."

"Well, that last one's good!" she laughed.

"I agree," I raised my hand, making Em and our doctor laugh.

"Alright, why don't we get this ultrasound over with?" our doctor asked.

"Sounds good to me," Emily smiled, laying down on the little bed and pulling her shirt up to her chest, then her pants down a few inches.

The doctor first measured Emily's stomach, then got the transducer and the gel, squeezing a little onto Emily's stomach. She put the transducer on Emily's stomach, and within seconds, Emily and I heard strong heartbeats coming through the monitor. Our doctor smiled at us, then kept moving the transducer around.

"Well, whatever you're doing, Emily, it's great. Normally one twin is stronger than the other and gets more nutrients, but both of your babies seem to be doing great! Your little girl is a tiny bit bigger than the boy, but there's nothing alarming about that at all. They're both doing great!" the doctor smiled.

"Little Ohana," I gripped Emily's hand.

"You've already decided on names?" our doctors smiled again.

"Yup! Ohana Marie for our little girl, then Patrick Lewis after my parents," Emily explained.

"That is so cute!" our doctor laughed, cleaning up the gel from Em's stomach. "Alright, now that that's done, we've got to talk about something more serious."