"I love you." He whispered into my hair before kissing my head.

"I love you too." I said weakly. I just wanted him to be happy, that's all.

*************************

One week later, and I was still emotionally distressed.

Austin had called his managers and what not and explained everything to them, and they understood. They also felt that it was a great form of publicity that they didn't have to plan out. Even though that bothered me a bit, it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

I was laying on Austin's bedroom floor staring at the ceiling. I could hear him shuffling through his closet, searching for an outfit to wear on our double date with Sam and Zach.

"What'd you get me for Christmas?" I asked abruptly, realizing that Christmas was tomorrow.

"I'm not telling you." He scoffed, then smiled at me. I playfully rolled my eyes. I was never one for surprises or guessing games.

My phone buzzed on my stomach and I picked it up to check what it was. It was a twitter notification. A Mahomie dm'd me a link to a YouTube video and said: did you see this yet? She's a bitch and a half. Team Leah 4 life.

I sighed deeply. I clicked on the link, even though I already knew I wasn't going to like it. All week, Mia had been doing publicity interviews and tv appearances. And without fail, every time she talked shit about me. Honestly, I was going to contact her personally and apologize, but she took things to a whole other level. She had no idea the bitch she was dealing with and the vicious army I had behind me. Let's just say there were way more Mahomies on team Leah than team Mia. So basically, in the new interview the Mahomie had sent me, Mia basically said that I was a whore and that this wasn't the first time I had been home wrecker. Like bitch you don't know my life. And I know for a fact Austin would never say something like that about me to her.

"You know, you should really tell Mia to stop saying this stuff about me in her interviews. It's starting to piss me off." I suggested to Austin. I looked up at him and he looked down at me and shrugged his shoulders.

"I thought you said it didn't bother you." He said.

"I mean, at first it didn't, but I don't know, I just don't appreciate her shaming me in front of thousands of people." I stuttered. I sat up so I could have a normal conversation with him.

"It's just hard because my management thinks this while 'cheating scandal' is getting us a lot of publicity. Me being with you gets me noticed and her talking shit about you gets her noticed." He explained. Did he just say what I think he said?

"So basically our relationship is just as fake as your's and Mia's?" I inquired, trying to keep my voice firm even though my chest was aching.

"That's not what I said..." He started. I cut him off.

"But that's what was implied," I snapped. He was silent. "Austin, I'm not going to keep dating you if it's only for publicity. I have better things to do with my time." My heart began to race. I never thought in a million years that I would have to have this conversation with Austin. It was heart wrenching.

"Leah, you know that I love you." Austin breathed. I got up onto my feet so that I could stand my ground.

"How do I know that? Austin, I don't know how show business works, and I actually don't want to know, but I do know that relationships are about being with another person that you trust and that is 100% real with you," I blabbed avoiding eye contact. But once my eyes met his gorgeous hazel ones, it was all over. "and I don't think I'm getting that with you." I confessed quietly. His face was instantly drained of color. He only looked that way when he was about to cry. I hated that I had managed to make him cry so many times before that I knew that.

"Baby, please hear me out. What we have is real and I've never felt this way about anyone ever. You have to look past all the bullshit and believe me." He stammered, stepping closer to me.

"I don't know if I can. And I don't know if I can keep playing this game with you. One second everything is great between us and your the sweet Texas boy I fell in love with and the next second your some fame hungry asshole. I can't be just another person to help you climb the social ladder." I argued, raising my voice.

"You're not listening to me! I would never use you in any way!" He yelled.

"I don't know that Austin! I really don't. And honestly, with the way you've been acting lately, I'm not sure if I believe a word that comes out of your mouth. I mean, how the hell could you go from douchbag to sweetheart in the time in between when we broke up and now? I'm starting to believe that the past week of our relationship has been a really well planned out scheme that your management planned. They might as well just have their hand up your fucking asshole! You live your entire existence to please the music business. I can't be a part of that anymore. I can't be just another piece in this fucked up game that is your life. I want out. Don't call me or text me or reach out to me at all because I'm not responding. Goodbye Austin. Have a nice life." I choked out. He looked stunned. I stormed out, running through his house to the front door. I couldn't run fast enough. Sobs escaped my body before I could even turn the door knob. I needed to go home.

I raced out to my car and slammed the door as I got into the drivers seat.

I cried the whole way home. And just like that, my boy was gone all over again. But, it's not like I got him back in the first place.