12

I was silent on the way to the airport. Victoria was dropping off Robert and Alex, and my mom was dropping off Michele, Grandad, Austin, and I.

I leaned my head up against the window and kept my headphones in. I decided to tune everyone out and just ponder in my own little la-la land.

Austin slipped his hand onto mine. I quickly waffled my fingers into his. I really needed his comfort right now. I turned my head to face him. He was already looking at me. I smiled and nuzzled up to him. He slung his arm over my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest. I took out my headphones and listened to the sound of his steady heartbeat. He played around with my pony tail and my anxiety began to ease. As long as he was by my side, I had nothing to worry about.

Saying goodbye to my mom was heartbreaking. She broke down in tears which made me start to cry. I'd never gone more than 24 hours without seeing my mother, and now I would go without seeing her for weeks. It was actually quite scary to think about. I started to tear up on the plane, just as we took off. Austin laced his fingers into mine.

"Everything's gonna be okay." He reassured me, rubbing his thumb against mine.

"I know." I sighed. He kissed my forehead lightly. I smiled to myself. He put his arm over my shoulders, holding me close to him. I closed my eyes and started to doze off.

"I love you." Austin whispered in my ear, his soft lips lightly rubbing against my ear.

"I love you too." I whispered. And I meant it. He pressed his lips against my cheek and then continued to rub my back. My all time favorite. And in no time, I was fast asleep in his arms. His soft, strong arms.

************ ********* *************

I could honestly only tell you one thing about Miami: it was amazing. The beach was beautiful, it was the perfect temperature, there was tons of places to shop and eat and it felt like paradise.

Our apartment was huge and gorgeous. It had a stunning view of the beach, and the whole experience was just breath taking. Grandad had his own apartment which was probably amazing.

I lugged all my bags into the living room, as did the boys and Mama. Mama started to bring her only bag with her to her room. She left us with one piece of advice: you can all choose your rooms, but choose wisely.

"Well I was thinking that maybe Alex and Rob could have their own rooms and me and Leah could share." Austin started. We all stood in a circle in the middle of the room.

I turned my head to face him.

"Well you thought wrong." I stated. They all seemed a bit surprised. Austin looked confused also. "I'm a girl. I need my space and privacy. I have different parts and things I need to do, being the girl that I am." The boys wore faces of pure disgust. I had just won myself my own room. Playing the "girl stuff" card with them works every time. No further argument was needed. Austin and Alex agreed to share a room. Ya, that's what I thought.

We all dispersed, bringing our stuff into our new rooms. Austin dropped his one bag into his room and then raced to my room.

He continued to help me unpack, a goofy smile on his face the whole time. I giggled.

"What?" I asked. He just smiled. I bumped my hip into his. "Seriously what?" I pressed. He just smiled and shook his head. I groaned. He giggled a bit. I bit my lip and watched as he unpacked my pants. "Your a noob." I joked. He laughed loudly and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I'm just so happy that your here with me." He mumbled. He slowly pushed my hair behind my ear, maintaining eye contact. He cupped my face softly with one hand. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into me. I kissed him passionately, and he returned the favor.