Chapter 24: Missing

Check out a picture of Trance Channing: http://fav.me/d5azuhn

Shar sat on a grand crouch. She was hunched over and her head was in the palms of her hands. Her hair was an awful mess – knots filled everywhere one looked. In a way, her hair represented her mind at that very moment. It hurt her, the way it was throbbing as it tried to comprehend everything.

“Shar,” Bruce’s voice sounded in front of her. “You need to tell me what happened.”

“Bruce,” Robin sounded, who she learned was Tim Drake, “Something obviously happened that’s traumatic, give her some time.”

“We don’t have time!” Bruce snapped at him.

Tim stood up from next to Shar, “But--!”

“No,” Shar took her head out of her hands. “He’s right, we don’t have time.” She rubbed her eyes and shook her head as she tried to clear her thoughts. “I was going after a rogue, it didn’t matter which. When I snuck up Nygma, he must have seen me coming, since he knocked me out. I managed to escape, using Crane’s fear toxin against them, but Nygma dropped a gun and it shot me. Next thing I know I’m in this sort of liquid. When my…” The words stopped in her throat. “When someone pulled me out they told me it was a pit of immortality…I-It was my brother, he was alive. An-And Talia al Ghul was there. They told me that my brother was the new head of the League.”

“So Talia is still alive?” Tim looked at Bruce who wore a serious expression.

Shar nodded, “They said they’re going to eliminate you, Bruce, before Gotham burns…I think they’re going to use Hush to do it.”

“Then we’ll just have to find him before that happens.”

Shar shook her head, “It sounded like there would be more. They could be using Clayface, too. He’s still missing, isn’t he?”

“Destroy Bruce Wayne which could leave you losing everything,” Tim crossed his arms, “But how could they do that?”

“Is there a way they could destroy all of your finances, so you lose the mansion and lose access to the Bat cave?” Shar looked at Bruce who nodded slowly.

“If they were to mess with Wayne enterprises, they could,” Bruce raised a hand to his chin thinking. “We need to get to the stock exchange, now.” He stood up and looked at his butler who was standing there, “Alfred, contact Mister Fox and order him to put all Wayne exchanges on hold. No matter what I say it can’t change.”

“Yes, Master Wayne,” Alfred nodded and walked off to a nearby phone to inform him.

“Let’s go,” Tim stood up, “I’ll take the motorcycle just in case.”

Bruce stood up and walked out. Shar sat there helplessly, not knowing what to do. Tim looked down at her and gave her a kind smile.

“Just stay here,” he nodded. “You’ve been through enough. Don’t trust Bruce if he walks in. He’ll tell you a special code without you asking.”

“Which is?”

“Thomas.”

“Like Thomas Elliot?”

“Like his father.”

---Time Skip---

Shar paced back and forth. Alfred had disappeared to the Batcave, making sure that it’d be okay. Nervously she bit her lip as she kept on looking out one of the many windows for Bruce or Tim to get back. Her eyes narrowed to a car and motorcycle arriving back. She sighed in relief as she saw Bruce and Tim get out. It still wasn’t absolute it was them, but she was nervous.