Chapter 22: Matt and Gil's Adventure

No One's POV:

Matthew and Gilbert got along better than they originally thought they would.

They usually walked around the campus, talking. Despite being blind, Gilbert really seemed to know where he was going. Perhaps it was instinct.

Matthew normally talked about his family and things he'd do.

Gilbert talked about everything.

They were a strange pair, but a nice one.

That day, Matthew had no classes and neither did Gilbert so the two met up early in the morning and decided to have a stroll in the gardens. Somehow, they began talking about Matthew's mother and father.

"Dad was always an alpha I looked up to. I could count on him to protect me when I needed him to. Alfred was too but being my twin, he wasn't as big or strong when we were younger. Mom is the person I want to be when I'm married. He isn't a stay at home mom, but when he is, he's like someone out of a fairytale. He's elegant and soft, but he does have a firm hand when need be. They're perfect for each other. When we were younger, Alfred and I would sneak for midnight snacks and we would sometimes catch our parents slow dancing in the kitchen, singing along to whatever song was playing and they'd look at each other and you can just tell they're so much in love." Matthew's scent was sweet, like a flower in a meadow.

Gilbert was smiling. Hearing Matthew speak so fondly about his parents reminded him of his own.

"And man, Moon Goddess help the poor sucker who flirted with Mom. Dad can get very protective of Mom, mainly since Mom can be a bit shy at times, especially around alphas his age. He grew out of a 'tsundere' stage, at least that's what our grandma said. When he and Dad first mated, they were still dancing around each other, and some unknowing alphas would flirt with Mom. He said Dad would get very protective and hug him from behind until the offending alpha left. Sometimes there are a few stragglers who catch Mom and Dad off guard, basically forcing them to turn back into the same people they were in the beginning stages of their mating, with my dad hugging Mom from behind and glaring. Alfred and I saw it happen once when Mom was still in his early stages of pregnancy with Michael. Dad looked like a tomato, his face so red as he watched the alpha look at Mom. Obviously, the alpha got the message and left us alone. It was a bit funny seeing how red Dad's face was, especially at such a young age." Matthew laughed.

Gilbert nodded.

"Ja. My Vater and Mutter are a bit similar, but it's reverse. My Mutter is the one who gets jealous of omegas." He laughed. "I can always smell her annoyance to any omega who got close to Vater and she'd get between them, putting me next to Vater so I could take his hand and not wander off. Then she'd start talking to the omega, keeping the focus on her instead of the rest of us. Then eventually she'd make up some excuse so we could leave and that was the end of that."

Gilbert 'Kesesesese'd. Matthew giggled beside him.

"Yeah well, us omegas can get as possessive as you alphas over mates." Matt winked, forgetting for a second that Gilbert couldn't see.

The conversation shifted to their brothers, Gilbert starting it.

"West may seem like a cold guy but he's actually very sweet. Especially around Otto, our baby brother. He's a beta, but he seems to act more omega like since he's attracted to stuffed animals and softness like baby omegas usually are." Gilbert explained. "We'd switch from feeding him, changing his diaper, and bathing him. I didn't do much of it, of course, but I still helped. One day when Otto brings someone home, I'm going to tell them an embarrassing story about him because I am an excellent older brother." Gilbert smirked.