Chapter 17: A Rose By Any Other Name

No One's POV:

Arthur looked at his English teacher with wide eyes.

"Arthur, did you not hear me correctly? You were called to the office." She repeated. The beta teacher, being what she was, didn't notice his surprised smell.

"He heard you, Miss, he's just in shock," Lovino said from beside him. The two had an English class together since Arthur was placed in a very high English class due to his outstanding English grades.

(It was a small secret that he kept to himself, but Arthur wanted to be an author one day.)

"Oh, my apologies Arthur." Arthur simply nodded and stood up. He packed his bag since the class was almost over anyway and walked out.

'The office? Why are they calling me there? I don't usually get called up unless...' Arthur froze in his tracks, trying to shake the thought away. 'No, Vash isn't here. He only comes when I ask for him. Unless it's a check-up sorta thing?'

When Arthur entered the office, the first person he saw was Vash Zwingli, his therapist. The beta stood by the secluded room used for couples to interview children they may want to adopt. Arthur gave a small nod to Vash, and the older male gave a small nod in return.

"Hello Arthur, please come in." He opened the door for the younger omega and both walked in. They sat down on opposite sides of the desk, and Vash pulled out a deck of Uno cards.

"I came to check up on you. Lovino told me you had two anxiety attacks these past few weeks, was it anything serious?" Vash asked. Arthur shook his head. The older male shuffled the deck and held it out for Arthur to part it.

Of course Lovino told him. The older omega wanted to become a therapist and practically worked under Vash as a sorta intern. He took care of Arthur and sometimes gave him sessions when they laid together on the bed. He should have known he would tell Vash about the past two attacks.

As Vash passed out the cards, the thought back to the day they went to visit Alfred's school. It was a week ago. He'd seen Alfred other days of the week, and the alpha kept blushing every time the two made eye contact. Arthur found it adorable.

It was even cuter when they had to take care of Kia and Lilo and Alfred's face was so red Lilo thought he was sick!

---

Arthur sat on Lilo's bed with Keabetswe in his lap, bouncing her lightly, while Alfred had Lilo in his lap, and Khin was mushed between them. The five were watching 'Lilo & Stitch' on Alfred's computer.

A pipe burst in the building where the kids up for adoption stayed and the kids were moved to stay with omegas. Lilo had been an exception to the building since she couldn't seem to be separated from Arthur for days at a time or else she'd begin to act out. (None of the other kids did that.) Currently, Keabetswe and Khin were rooming with Lilo since both of them were also taken care of by Arthur. Arthur's other kids were separated among the other omegas, but they had gone up to him all week to tell him that they loved him and the other omegas were only temporary. (Which Arthur thought was nice.)

Lilo was gawking at the movie. Alfred had put it since she had apparently never seen the movie. Khin was holding Arthur's hand and rested his head on the older omega's arm. He was reading the subtitles more than he was watching the movie since his deafness was pretty bad. He used to be hard-of-hearing, which is very different from deaf, but over time it got worse and he was no longer able to hear. He had hearing aids, but since he forgot to take them out one night, he crushed them. He was getting new ones in a fortnight. The school was currently finding a new way to get hearing aids for the deaf students on campus, but they didn't have many strings to pull to provide all of the students that needed them with some. (Sadly, this meant some students, like Feliciano, can't get a pair.)