Chapter 15: Fuck He's Kinda Hot

No One's POV:

Alfred woke up a while after the nap. Arthur was still asleep, and Abdul was too. He quietly crept out of the bed and walked into the main room to check on the other kids. They were all still asleep too. He let out a breath and checked the time. They've been asleep for almost an hour.

Should they be woken up? How would he be able to wake them up? Some of them were deaf...

Alfred looked up when he saw Arthur come out from the hallway. He rubbed his tired eyes and yawned. His hair was sorta messy and his shirt was wrinkled. Alfred couldn't help it, he was cute.

"Morning Princess, enjoy your beauty sleep?" He cooed quietly, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. Arthur hummed and brushed him off. Alfred snickered and watched him walk over to Kia and pick her up from the floor to place her in her crib.

Abdul came out from the hallway, looking refreshed and ready to play some more. He walked over to the kids on the floor and started shaking them.

"Hey! Wake up! Nap time is over!" He yelled at the kids. Alfred checked Kia, but she was still sleeping. He let out a breath and watched Arthur pick up Keiasha. She was one of the blind kids and was only 3 years old. (She was born blind.) She was the second youngest out of all the kids.

"Artur, what are we go-wing to play today?" She asked. Since she was little, her pronunciation of words was still off, but close enough to understand what she was going to say.

Arthur hummed and shrugged. She felt the shrug, having placed both of her hands on his shoulders beforehand, and pouted.

"I wanna go to da wa-ta!" She cheered. The other kids started to yell about wanting to go to the water too.

The water was what they called the pool, but since they weren't prepared for a pool day, Arthur had to say no.

'Sorry.' He had signed to the kids. He gave a gloomy look as he made the letter 'a' with his right hand, then rotated his hand on his chest in a clockwise motion. They nodded solemnly.

(Alfred was confused since he didn't know that sign but shrugged it off.) The alpha looked around the room and saw some paint bottles and brushes. He smiled and walked over to the equipment, taking the box out of its hole in the wall and setting it on the table. Arthur looked at him confused.

"You don't need to see or hear to paint, you just do what you want with it." He grabbed a brush, opened the red, and started painting his hand. He grabbed a paper from the notebook inside the box and stamped his hand on it. After a few seconds, he peeled off the paper to show his hand. "Imma draw a turkey." He smiled childishly. Arthur couldn't help but smile back.

---

They had been going at it for a while. Each child, whether they could see, hear, or not, was having fun with the paint. Arthur loved watching the blind kids dip their brushes into random colors and gliding them across their canvases. They didn't care about the color they chose or the style of their brush, they just liked the noise the brush made when it hit the paper and moved around-or, at least that's what Naser has said. He was an optimistic boy and liked to see the good in things. Arthur was very fond of him-well, all of them really-and ruffled his hair a bit when he told Arthur what he was doing.

He just smiled at the kids as they did different projects. Even Alfred seemed to be letting out a creative spirit. Arthur kept to music more than art, but he did draw a small sketch of a bird after many complaints from Alfred who told him he wasn't doing anything.

Keabetswe was patting a paper with paint covered hands and gurgled in Arthur's lap, as he made sure she didn't accidentally digest any of the paint coating her sticky fingers. She seemed to be having the time of her life, and kept repeating the word "Pat pat pat" over and over again. Arthur was just happy that wasn't her first words. He was actually a witness to her first word in the academy when she called him of all people "Mama". He was very touched and has kept her closer ever since. The front was happy to see him engaging and bonding with her. Children needed to bond with parent figures and Arthur helped fill that mold perfectly for some kids in the academy. He wasn't the only one to do it, obviously. There was other groups of kids who came into the daycare and had their own omega figure taking care of them, but Arthur cared about his kids. Alfred smiled at Kia and did peek-a-boo with there while she sat on Arthur's lap. Kia squealed and clapped. Arthur smiled.