Chapter 4: The Start of a Friendship

Author's POV:

Arthur and Alfred sat on Arthur's bed as they watched the anime. They got really into it, barely speaking as they watched. (Well, Alfred was.)

Soul Eater was very interesting.

They were a few episodes into the first season when Alfred got a call. Arthur paused it so Alfred could answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey amigo, where are you? Ya vamonos, it's getting late." Antonio yawned on the other side. Alfred looked at his watch and frowned.

7:41 pm

"Oh man it is late. We need to be heading back soon, it's almost lights out. I'll meet you guys at the gate, cool?"

"Alright, aiya nos vemos. Adios!" Antonio hung up and Alfred sighed.

He looked over at Arthur, who gave him a questioning look.

"It's late, I need to go back to my school soon."

Arthur nodded and got off his bed. He motioned for Alfred to follow him and the two began walking to the exit. Arthur was quiet like usual, his scent not giving Alfred anything about his mood. Does he...hide his scent?

"Hey, do you hide your scent?" Alfred 'randomly' asked.

Arthur nodded.

"Why?"

Arthur looked back at him with a look that screamed 'shut up'. Alfred put his hands up in surrender.

"Hey I was just curious about my new friend."

Arthur stopped and looked at him in shock. He curled his fingers into his palm, leaving the pointer finger and thumb out but curved slightly, then interlocked the pointed finger twice, dominant hand on top first then less dominant on top the second time, all with a questioning look on his face.

Alfred stared at it. "Um..."

Arthur sighed and started walking again, ignoring Alfred for the rest of the walk. (At least it felt like he was ignoring him, it's not like they can hold a conversation without Alfred knowing sign.) He walked him all the way to the front gate, then brightened up when he saw Feliciano. The two started rapid fire with signing to each other, both going very fast. Ludwig was talking to his brother in German, and Alfred saw Matthew and Francis chatting in French. He knew some French, but the language he knew most after English was definitely Spanish. He's not very fluent like Antonio, but he took Spanish for foreign language in the academy and knows how to hold a conversation with Antonio moderately well.

"So, how was your first day?" He asked the Spaniard.

"It was great. Lovino curses a lot but he's nice. He can't see me, but he said he still remembers colors so I described myself as best as I could without being so biased, si? And he's so cute! His eyes are a very beautiful color, which surprised me since I always thought blind people had those grey eyes that immediately let you know they're blind."

Alfred nodded along. "Hey, you got paired with an omega right?"

"Si, por que?"

"Was his scent hidden too?"

"...Yes actually, it was. I wonder why."

"You think you can ask him tomorrow? I asked my partner but he just glared at me." Alfred looked over at Arthur, who signed something and made Feliciano giggle.

"Well, we should be heading back now." Ludwig grumbled. The group started walking away as Gilbert laughed behind them.

"Hey West! You better come back tomorrow! And bring that American-Canadian too! He was fun to talk to!"