Chapter 10: Food and a Kid

SO I KNOW Y'ALL PROBABLY HATE ME FOR NOT UPDATING IN A LONG TIME BUT IN MY DEFENSE I HAD FINALS AND AP TESTS!

---

Author's POV:

Arthur was waiting for Alfred inside the diner, watching him through the window as the alpha prepared himself to sprint through the rain to the door.

It was amusing. It looked like Alfred was giving himself a pep-talk before hand. Arthur watched as he opened the door, got out, closed it, and sprinted to the diner's door. Once he was under the cover, he locked the car and went inside.

The smaller was covering his mouth to hide his laughter. Alfred was very wet, but not completely drenched.

A beta waitress, who was waiting with Arthur, handed Alfred a towel for his hair. Her name tag said Elizabeta.

"That's some rain." She raised an eyebrow.

"Tell me about it." He said as he gratefully accepted the towel.

"You two look pretty cold. Lets get you some seats close to the heater." She waved for them to follow, holding their menus and utensils as she led them to a two person booth.

They sat across from each other relishing the warmth being blown their way. They were seated next to a window, where they can see clearly into the rainy world.

"Here are your menus. Can I start you off with anything to drink?" Elizabeta asked.

"Can I get a coke please?" Alfred asked. She nodded and turned to Arthur.

"And for you?"

Arthur pointed to the tea. She looked and nodded. "Okay, what type of tea?" Again Arthur pointed. "Chamomile? That comes with milk, is that fine?" She asked. Arthur nodded.

"Alright, I'll be right back with your drinks." She smiled and walked off.

Neither noticed her look back and smile. "So you're finally in the real world, huh?" She mumbled, remembering the way the mute blonde played.

---

Despite being close to the heater, Arthur was still cold. He shivered a bit, hoping Alfred didn't notice in case he tried to give him his jacket which the alpha needed more. So he tried to play it off, looking around at the decor instead.

He had seen a lot of American movies based in the 1950's and in those movies there were diner scenes. He felt like he was in one.

The classic shy and nerdy omega (himself) with the leather jacket badboy alpha (Alfred), a forbidden love separated by stereotypes that ends up together in the end despite it.

Arthur wouldn't call himself a sap, but that's exactly what he was.

He looked back at Alfred, who had been staring at him. The two made eye contact and blushed, each looking away. Arthur dared to look back over at him and smile shyly. Alfred smiled back.

"So, uh, what are you thinking of getting?" Alfred asked.

Arthur looked at the menu and hummed, shrugging. Nothing caught his eye yet, though there were some fluffy pancakes he saw be delivered over to an elderly couple when he first entered that looked promising. He looked back up at Alfred and tilted his head.

"Me? Oh the steak looks good. It comes with mashed potatoes and a choice of peas or carrots." Alfred was looking at the menu tentatively. "Peas or carrots?"

Arthur pursed his lips in thought, then smiled and tapped the side of his head. Alfred did the same, tapping his glasses.

"Oh haha, very funny." Alfred huffed. "Just to spite you, I'm going to get peas."