Chapter 24

"Anthony, we need to take action on this," Mrs. Oakley says. She looks genuinely frightened, even more than I am.

Whoever J is really is scaring me. I've expanded my mind to think about other people that I know who would and could do this. I don't know anyone who would do this to me as a joke, or period. How could this happen?

"Okay," I agree. "How will you take action?

"Well, we have most security cameras around the school, but none by the freshman locker section."

"Okay....How is that going to help me?"

"Lucky for you," Mrs. Oakley says. "We're getting new ones next week."

"But by next week J will have already attacked," I say.

"Oh yes, you're right."

"Where will you be on Saturday?"

"Uhm, I don't know yet. I haven't set plans for the weekend yet except for possibly getting pummeled by whoever this J person is. You know, the usual," I say and Mrs. Oakley laughs.

"Well okay Anth0ny. I'd say surround yourself so that you're not alone. If you're alone that might not end too well," Mrs. Oakley says and quivers in her chair. "You can go now."

"Thank you Mrs. Oakley," I say and walk out of the office.

I walk down the hallway and turn to get back to my locker and clean up the mess of notes that's under it. I take all of them out and put them in the recycling bin right next to locker.

I look at the time and see there are only 3 minutes left of lunch, so there's honestly no point of heading to the cafeteria. I just sit down against the locker and think until everyone else comes up.