Chapter 22

Monday hits and I'm still not sure whether to tell Mrs. Oakley about J or not. If I do, I make it into a school wide thing. If I don't tell her, I can handle it on my own. My mind is jambled and I need to get my mind off of things.

I head to Room 122 for 5th Period. I'm so happy I have Troye as a Chemistry partner, but sometimes it stinks because we talk, laugh, and joke all of the time.

"Hey there," Troye greets me.

"Hi," I say.

"So," Troye says. "Did you forget something?"

"What," I ask, confused.

"You know we had a project to do right," he says. Shoot. I completely forgot.

"Troye, I'm-" I begin but Troye cuts me off.

"It's fine," says Troye. "I took it into my own hands and finished it." And with that, he picks up a cup covered with Saran Wrap up off of the floor.

"What is it?" I ask.

"All I did was pour the juicy stuff out of a lava lamp and put it in the cup and experimented with it," he says.

I feel bad I let him do all of the work.

"Why didn't you call or text me that the project was due today?" I ask. "You could have told me at your house."

"Because I know all of the stuff you're going through right now. I didn't want to annoy you with a stupid chemistry project I could do in less than 5 minutes," says Troye.

"What would I do without you Troye?" I exclaim.

"I don't know, Anthony. I don't know."