Chapter 5

"I'm normally the nice principal, but what was that?" Mrs. Oakley says.

"He was trying to kiss my girlfriend," JC says, pointing to me.

"Mr. Quintal, is that true?" Mrs. Oakley questions me.

"No! Not at all. I wouldn't do that," I answer. Mostly because you like boys, Anthony. my annoying subconscious adds. "It may have looked like that, but I was just helping Lia pick up her books."

I can see Lia nodding next to me.

"Ms. Johnson, is that what happened?" asks Mrs. Oakley.

"Yep, in exact words." says Lia.

"Okay. Sorry for the little misunderstanding. Anthony and Lia, you both may go. But, Mr. Caylen, you stay here." Mrs. Oakley says.

"Thank you," I say politely.

When we leave, Lia looks sad and apologetic.

"I'm so sorry. He can be a little overprotective sometimes"

"A little?"

"I mean a lottle."

"What the hell is a lottle?" I ask and we both laugh.

"It's something I say when I'm not sure between a little bit and a lot," Lia explains.

"Oh."

"Funny how we've already gotten into trouble on the first day of school."

"Yea, if this is just the first day of school imagine what the rest of the year will be like," I say and cringe. I never really thought about that.

"Well it's 20 minutes through second period, and I need to get to art class," Lia says.

"I'm going to art too!" I say, wondering to myself why I'm so excited.

"Let's walk together," Lia suggests.

"Let's not, I don't want JC to get all pissed off again," I tease and we walk off and venture to find Room 136.