Chapter 28

I run and run until I realize that I am in the living room. I don't really want to run in the living room, as it is somewhat crowded.

As I walk, I realize that I'm starting to cry. It's definitely my anxiety. I then begin to think that J might not even be here tonight. Though there is a high chance that they will, I don't know.

I walk out of the door and see Jack.

"Anthony, what's wrong?" He asks.

"This whole J situation has me so stressed out," I say. "I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I just need some alone time."

"Alright," Jack says. "Sitting by the lake always cools me down."

"Thanks, I might just go do that." I say.

I walk out of the door and head to the lake.

...

The grass going towards the actual water is a slope, so I have to sit on the edge of the hill. I think about how scared I am. This J person needs to stop. In the past few months alone, my anxiety levels have soared.

I just want it to stop.

All of a sudden, I feel a hard push. Next thing I know, I am face flat in wet mud. I think I am at the lake floor. I get up, soaking wet and all, and turn around. There is a man with a black ski mask, a black shirt, black jeans, and what looks like black Adidas Superstars.

"What the hell was that for?" I yell.

"You're getting what you deserve, Anthony." The man says. The voice sounds familiar.

"How do you know who..." I begin. And then, it clicks. It's him. J. Standing right in front of me. This man, who made my anxiety and personal authority go awry, is finally face to face with me.

"Are you...," I begin.

"J? Yes." He says. I can't get over the familiarity of his voice.

"Take off your mask." I command.

"Alright..." He says.

It feels like an eternity. He finally takes off his mask, and I see it. Him.