Twelve Majestic - Part 3

Start from the beginning

"You're not like them, Hani," he repeated vigorously, "You didn't turn out to be an absolute bitch, you did not get influenced by the other wielders and you did not break every piece of my heart- every piece of our hearts. But she did, and.. I thought, at the beginning, you'd be like her."

"But you didn't," he let his lips curl into a soft smile. This was the first time I'd be seeing his smile, and probably the last. I recalled, and my tears followed Baekhyun's actions. They fell. "And I realized it too late. You understand right? You know how once your trust and heart are broken, they can never grow again."

"They can, if you meet the right person," I didn't think I'd say anything to him with how emotionally unstable both of us were, but I did, and he closed his eyes tightly, letting a few more tears to fall, before opening them, nodding continuously.

"They can," he confirmed, still nodding, before repeating. "They can."

"Yeah," I sent him a tearful smile, one he repeated, albeit a bit forcefully, before pulling me closer to him and hugging me so tightly, I could feel my bones mending. I hugged him back almost right away, and he easily nuzzled into my shoulders, making me almost giggle at the sensation. Never had I ever thought Baekhyun would dare hug me, but here we are.

"I met her," he told me then, after a few minutes of silence, just holding me tightly in his embrace to the point I felt we'd become one. I raised an eyebrow of confusion. "The right person, I've met her."

I found myself smile.

"I love you, you know, even when I don't show you that. We all do, and this.. this vendetta we found ourselves in, it's horrible, you know that, right?" He broke the hug to make me stare at him in the eyes, and as I was punched with the truth once again. I nodded, nevertheless, because I knew that despite some of our differences, we all had positive feelings towards each other. I mean, all of us cried in each other's arms, and that says something, right?

"I'm going to miss you," he whispered just as softly as his eyes were, and I gave him another tearful smile, the water actually intensifying when I was reminded of the truth.

"You won't remember me to miss me, but I surely will."

-

When we returned to the rest, both Baekhyun's and my eyes were red, but no one really expected Baekhyun's eyes to be red, I could tell with their surprised expression. They were all somber enough to care about teasing me.

Chanyeol came forward immediately, taking both of my hands in his, and frowning at me.

"A-are y-you g-going to d-do it now?" Chanyeol's stutter seemed to worsen with how messed up his feelings were, and I tip-toed to give him a gentle kiss on his forehead, taking his face into my hands.

"Yes, and I need you to be strong for me. It'll all be over soon."

"Why are you like that?" Sehun, whom was already walking up to stand beside Chanyeol and I, frowned so severely at me, I thought his face would shift permanently into that expression.

"I'm just happy everything will be over now," I searched his eyes for any kind of reaction, "Don't you?"

"I am, but..," he bit his lips, not wanting to spill out the beans he and I both know. I gave him a weak smile.

"I'll be alright. I swear to you."

At that time, Meang poked her head from the door, her expression turning awkward almost right away when she saw all of us turning to her with a frown. She scratched the middle spot on the top of her head, and then pointedly stared at me.