Ebony

Baekhyun's POV

"I don't think he will be coming anytime soon."

I heard Joonmyeon say from his position on the bed, his head lying down on his opened palms. I shifted while standing, because my legs had turned numb from standing at the corner and just waiting for the boy to appear. With Hani, of course.

I watched Sehun shift as well, and his entire body was shaking. I could tell he was affected by Joonmyeon's words; more than before actually. I didn't know what to say to be honest, because I knew Sehun liked the girl too much, and maybe he even trusted her to a large extent. I don't know when it started, him trusting her; even though I told him we shouldn't trust her. I guess having Minseok hyung and Joonmyeon hyung beside her as well and trusting her wholeheartedly was putting him at ease too.

I darted my eyes to the place Kai had teleported to with the box, and then back to my fingers. When he first took the box, I had thought something bad will happen to us, but after merely ten minutes; nothing happened. That had worried me even more.

"Do you really believe something bad will happen to Hani?" Xiumin hyung asked, as he was leaning against the single window, staring outside. The window was bigger than normal, and the fading light glistening from the sun was reflecting over him, giving him an odd, ethereal view that I wasn't used to.

"I didn't say that," Joonmyeon hyung sighed, rubbing his eyebrows and dragging his hand down until he was grasping his chin, before he looked up at Xiumin with empty eyes. "I just.. I don't trust Kai at the moment,"

Just when Joonmyeon hyung said that, a small sound of a click resonated in the entire, quiet room, and almost immediately; most of the heads present shot their heads toward the source of sound. Beside the window Xiumin hyung was leaning against stood a very healthy-looking Kai, carrying a half-dead Hani in his arms.

Before I can even get appalled, or distinguish the horror slowly slipping past my sanity; Joonmyeon roused hurriedly, but before he could even rush to the girl, Kai started moving and gently placed the girl on the bed.

I was so scared then, so shocked. Because she looked scarred for the rest of her life, both physically and mentally. The tension in the room rose by the appearance of Kai, and I could catch Sehun's murderous stare directed to Kai's skull. Even I, the boy who shows no emotion; was practically radiating heat. Hani looked fragile, there was no negotiations in that; but right now, she looked far worse. Her hair was half bloody half dry, and there were scars on her face. I noticed the hand she had kept on her side, even when Kai laid her gently on the bed. Her jeans were dirty, bloodied, and just simply uncomfortable.

Sehun and Joonmyeon fussed over her almost immediately, and Xiumin walked away from the window, sparing Kai no glance, who had gently backed away, eyes staring onto Hani's body and feet shuffling; before crouching down beside her bed. Xiumin's eyes were wide, terffied and there was a pinch of sadness as well. He reached to touch her under the moving limbs of Sehun and Joonmyeon, but retreated gently to glance at his freezing fingers numbly.

I knew what he was thinking, and I too; glanced down at my abnormally cold fingers. We were cold, freezing. We had been like that ever since we were cursed. But Xiumin was colder; he was the coldest due to his powers. He was afraid that touching Hani might make her condition worse, especially since she looked like she would pass out if he only did touch her. I backed away the same way Xiumin hyung did, my back grazing the wall of the big room of Hani's. I heard murmurs and hisses of are you okay, coming from Joonmyeon's and Sehun's mouths, while the remaining three of us stared with shock, heart accelerating in a scary rate.

One would think that having a blood bond with Hani would make us feel her agony, but all I could feel was the empty feeling in the depth of my soul, as I stared at her with my cold façade, still legs, and shaken fingers. I was never one with feelings, never a guy who could express his heart's thoughts at all. I hadn't been like that; I had changed and I was aware of that. Something had died in me, something that I wasn't sure I'll be able to grasp back.